Saturday, April 27, 2013

34 weeks

Dear Ellie-bean,

You are 34 weeks old TODAY! Yay, I actually got a chance to write your letter on the correct day. It has been awhile since that's happened!

So what is new? Well, I already wrote about your first experience at the beach on Monday. You enjoying it so much makes me very excited for this summer. I see lots of beach outings in our future!

Tuesday was a little rough though. I think you might have had a little upset tummy, or you might finally be teething. Either way, you seemed 'off' and didn't show much interest in solids. She we stayed home, snuggled up close, and spend the day just enjoying each other.


Wednesday you were still not really back to 100 percent, so we stuck around home again. We took Truff for lots of walks too. He LOVES that. 



You are absolutely ATTACHED to me these days. I've been putting you in the Beco a lot so you can be close to me and I can have my hands free to attempt to get stuff done. I don't mind being close to you at all, although I think you get tired of all the kisses on your fuzzy little head!

You are getting so stinking close to crawling these days too, princess. You will pull yourself all the way up with your tummy off the floor on your arms, but you haven't quite figured out the leg movement thing. That's okay, I am enjoying only having to deal with roly-poly-Ellie. You are ridiculously good at getting where every you want rolling, little one, even if it means turning yourself round. Silly bean.

Thursday we had a Mommy and Ellie outing. Well, first, I should say, you tried to eat your play food. Your appetite for solids is back and you were getting SUPER mad that you could not eat that lettuce.


Then we took off and went to the farmers market and the breastfeeding group. Much to our surprise, my firend Kelli and her new little boy Sawyer were there. He was so tiny...I can't believe you were (WAY) tinier than that when you were 2 weeks old. I'll admit, I do miss that squishy newborn phase with you, but I love how funny and expressive you are now.

You weighed in at 14 lbs 10 oz. I'm a little worried because that means you didn't gain much from your 6 month appointment. I think we are going to be going to the breastfeeding group a little more often now so that we can make sure you are gaining weight like you should.


You do loooove eating those puffs, though. You even know the puff container and start getting crabby if you see it and don't get any. Drats, I thought we had a little time before we started that nonsense. Your brother likes puffs too apparently. And especially when you are in your exersaucer, you share with him. He will even creep underneath by your legs to pick them up. You both are little puff monsters!


Friday I went to the Y to work out, and you went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house. You even stayed with them all day so that I could get some cleaning and organizing done, especially of your room. I think I'm finally on to Grandma's devious plan...she buys you way too many clothes to that I have to organize them, and she gets to babysit while I organize. You, miss gummy grin, had a blast as usual. You took awesome naps for her, and went for a nice walk to enjoy some sunshine. Yeah, but who needs strollers? Strollers are for babies that don't have Grandpa at their beck and call to carry them around. Yeah, not spoiled at all, baby bean. Not at all. At this rate, you're never going to learn to walk, because you will have people to carry yo everywhere!


Friday night we had dinner with Brad and Sondra. You were SO good for us, and impressed them with your eating skills. I think you have a new favorite, though...corn! You CHOWED on the corn. And I like it, because it takes you awhile to pick up those little kernels, so it was a win-win for everyone. 

Saturday has been a Daddy day so far. I found you like this at one point this morning. It looks suspiciously like Daddy under the car. I shouldn't be surprised, you are a total Daddy's girl!


I had to go to teach at a conference this morning and now I am waiting for you and Daddy to get back from helping Grandma and Grandpa Mason put their boat in the water. I can't wait to take you for boat rides this summer. I am sure you will love it. 

I miss you a ton, though. I hate days that I don't get to spend all day with you. They just feel so icky. Even right now, I am so antsy to see you that I want to just about jump out of my skin. 

I do love you so much, though, baby bean. You are the most amazing little girl in the entire world. I am so incredibly thankful that I get to be your Mommy, and these 34 weeks have been the best 34 weeks ever. But can you slow down this growing up thing a bit? You are getting too big too fast. 

I love you so much,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment