Monday, September 30, 2013

Updates on the madness...and Ellie is 13 months!

Life is certainly nothing but insane these days. But I definitely need to update things on this blog. So here we go:

Ellie-
Ellie is awesome, as usual. She has now been officially walking for about 2 weeks, and it is seriously the cutest thing ever. She has just started to walk almost exclusively, preferring that over crawling. The bad news? It is even harder to keep up with her. Yikes!




Here is a very early video of her walking. Now she's going up and down the hall like a pro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2WC3IrjH3o

We had her 1-year doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago, too. She hit 18lbs! Considering the rule of thumb is to triple the birth weight at a year, she isn't far off. I attribute it to the fact that the girl LOVES to EAT. She still can fit into her 0-3 month snowsuit from last year, which is good, as it has been pretty chilly a couple times this past week when we've taken our morning walks.


No teeth have broken through yet, although there are a couple that are PRETTY darn close. And she's sure been acting like she's teething. Maybe this means we will be lucky enough to get all of them in at once? Who knows!

She is still just the most fun ever. I love spending time with her and taking her new places. She is so curious and observant. Seeing her reactions to new things is just awesome!





Pregnancy-
I'm almost 22 weeks. And I've got to say, this pregnancy is KICKING MY BUTT. I feel like such a whiner this time. I'm just really tired all the time, and I feel about as big as I was in the 3rd trimester last time. Maybe because my body has 'been there, done that'? And I am already in the "nothing sounds good to eat" phase. Arg. I do love the movement, though. I can feel the little one pretty frequently these days. Definitely the best part of pregnancy!!!

So far, everything is behaving. Both the antigen titers and the thyroid levels are nicely under control. And I haven't had to do my second gestational diabetes test yet. I am NOT looking forward to that!




Ready for 2 under 2? -
Uh, no. First of all, for the little one, we've done just about nothing. I guess such is life being the dreaded second child, huh?

Well, I guess I shouldn't say that. We bought a stroller. We got a KILLER deal. So I officially have a double stroller in my house. Yes, I had an all-out MELTDOWN when that came. If you would have told me 2 years ago that this would be hanging out in my living room, I would have told you that you were NUTS. And probably broke down sobbing.


Just. so. crazy. 

I also started a couple registries to track things we need to buy (and get the completion discounts, woot woot!). While there isn't a LOT, there still is, you know? Based upon the advice from a much-respected friend who is the mommy of 17-month-apart boys, we are not trying to rush Ellie out of her baby stuff, and instead just buying new stuff for the new baby. 

We do need to do an Ikea run somewhat soon. Like I said, Thursday marks 22 weeks, and we had all of Ellie's furniture at 25 week. Yikes. And I do not necessarily want to run into all the holiday shopping madness. Doing a roadtrip and Ikea in peak shopping season with a curious, overactive 1 year old sounds like a legitimate version of hell. 

I did pick material so that I can start on the color scheme of her room. It will be similar to Ellie's, but in purples. I also email my pillow lady so that I can get a pillow ordered for her. You now, as soon as we fully commit to a name. We are 99 percent sure on her first name. We just need to finalize the middle name. That has been totally painstaking for me. I just KNEW, for years, what my first girl's name would be. Then girlie number 2 comes along and...uh...I feel caught a little off guard. 

That's about it for now. I need to be better about updating. It is so fun to go back and read things from this time in my pregnancy with Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment