Monday, September 2, 2013

To my one year old...

Dear Ellie,

I cannot believe that you are officially one year old now. To be honest, I've been an emotional basket case all weekend. Thinking about this time last year is just so surreal. I can't believe that it was a year ago that I heard those little squeaky cries for the first time. Or that it was a year ago that you first gave me your "baby bird" face because you wanted to nurse. Or a year ago that you made me and Daddy the happiest people on the entire planet.

Over the past year, it has been amazing to see you grow and change and learn so many new things. I love your curiosity. I love seeing your little personality develop (although some days the battle of the wills that we have already makes me awfully scared for your teenage years.). And I love seeing you interact with others.

Sure, the year had a lot of challenges, with Daddy and I being first time parents. We had a lot to learn! Luckily, you were pretty patient with us, most of the time, and we were all able to figure it out together. But all those challenging times are just absolutely erased by one of your adorable toothy grins, or one simple sweet snuggle.

This year and every year, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I hope you know how incredibly loved you are. I hope you know that Daddy and I are your biggest fans ever, and that we think that everything you do is just absolutely amazing. I hope you understand that you are an incredibly special little girl, and that I just could not feel more blessed that I get to be your Mommy.

I love you, Ellie-bean. Happy birthday!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment