Saturday, November 23, 2013

Now I remember why I hate the 3rd trimester.

Not to be all Debbie Downer, but the 3rd trimester STINKS. Really. Why? 

*Caution WHINING ahead*

1. Getting sick. I apparently do pregnancy in reverse. While I only deal with annoying nausea and a couple bouts of getting sick in the first trimester, I am BFF's with my toilet bowl the last. 

2. My glucose numbers. Party!!! I passed by GD tests, so no worries, right? Ugh, have you met me? I'm a worrier. So I'm still testing my blood sugar. For the most part it has been amazing. I am supposed to be under 130 an hour after meals. Bagel with cream cheese and greek yogurt? 101. Spaghetti with meatballs and too much garlic bread? 107. Ryan's homemade baked potato soup? 103. And then, out of the blue...pumpkin pancakes, sausage, and sugar free syrup? 160. There are no words to say how annoyed I am by this. Really. There is NO REASON that it was that high. None. It makes no sense. I could have that same meal last time when things were MUCH harder t control (like, I could not even have a HALF of a bagel for breakfast) and it wouldn't spike me. So now I am freaked and crabby and just in an altogether bad mood about my blood sugar.

3. Prepping for S. I *should* be proud that in the last month we've gotten a LOT accomplished. But instead, I am having a meltdown about how much their is to do. With the holidays in there, it feels like there is just no time at all. I am really hoping that we can have her room cleaned out and ready for paint by the first part of December. A girl can dream, huh? I guess that is the power of keeping a blog like this, I can look back and see that last time, we didn't get E's room cleaned out until 32 weeks. But I feel like when we couple how fast time is flying with how much I have left to do for S's arrival, PLUS the holidays in there, I just can't wrap my brain around getting everything done in time. Hence, the tears that were shed last night.

Okay, I am done whining now. Time for updates. 

How far along:  29 weeks 2 days. S will be here in 69 days. 
How big is baby: The size of a butternut squash. 15.2 inches and 2.5 lbs
What I've done to prep for baby: We worked on the nursery. I don't really feel like we are getting anywhere, but oh well. 
Best moment of the week: E has been a snuggle bug, and S just loves kicking at her. So funny! Ellie gives me a look like "what the heck was that, Momma?"
Food cravings: Nothing. With being sick, eating is tough.  
Symptoms: Nothing out of the ordinary.
Movement: Still lots of movement. It is SO funny when Ellie is on my lab nursing and S kicks her. Ellie gives me the 'what the heck was that' startled look. 
 What I’m looking forward to: Still Thanksgiving! And checking things off my list...
Next appt: OB Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment