Wednesday, July 9, 2014

20 weeks! Still catching up...

Dear Scarlett,

Well I am still trying to catch up! You and your sister keep me a little busy these days, and so I am getting a bit behind on your letters. In good news, though, even though I stink about writing about all the fun we are having, we are STILL having so much fun that I cannot stand it. You and your sister are the best!

So, let's start with Saturday, the 14th. It was a hot day, and we decided to check one thing off our summer bucket list...strawberry picking! You spent most of the time just checking things out from the beco, but your sister had a blast. Grandma and Grandpa Mason kept one strawberry in each hand for her! I thought she was going to turn into a strawberry! Don't worry, Smoosh, I am sure you will be joining her next year!


After that, we went up to the lake to rinse Miss Ellie off. Dad and Ellie played in the water and you and I cuddled on the deck. You enjoyed the fresh air! You two snoozed a little in the car, then it was off to a couple graduation parties. You were quite the charmer as usual, giving your big, drooly grins to anyone who as holding you!

Sunday was Father's day, so we got the opportunity to celebrate the fact that you and Ellie have the BEST dad! I love watching him with you, he is just smitten over you girls! 


Monday we decided to hit the park. Of course your sister loved burning off some energy (and seeing a train even!) You were pretty content as usual and happy to be cuddled and talk to, and just take in everything around you. In the afternoon we played outside at home. Daddy moved my swing up by Ellie's playhouse so we can relax in that while Ellie is climbing and sliding. You two like cuddling in it together, too. 


Tuesday we decided to go strawberry picking AGAIN, since we pretty much had already polished off the strawberries we picked on Saturday. I guess Ellie takes after Mommy and Daddy in being strawberry monsters. There was a nice breeze so you snoozed in your carseat. I was able to pick some berries so that we actually have some to freeze, and your sister, of course was happy as a clam to eat more berries! 

After that, you guys headed back to Grandma's while I headed to the gym for practice. Grandma and Grandpa wore you guys out, because you both took great naps.


Wednesday you were up a bit early. No problem, that just means that I got some sweet cuddle time before your sister got up. You are so happy in the mornings, my little Squish! I love you. Your happy little smile starts my day off right!


We had some errands to run, then it was back home for nap time. Well, except storms rolled through and the power went out. Arg. Not good when we have a toddler who depends on her noise machines and a baby who depends on her swing. So suffice it to say it was a bit of a long afternoon for us all. 

Thursday we headed to the breastfeeding coalition meeting. We took Ellie too, which was quite an adventure. She wanted to be a good big sister and play with ALL of the babies. We got you weighed and you are still perfectly on track, hovering around that 50th percentile point at 14lbs 11oz. 

You also started playing with the exersaucer after I dug it out for you. You love it! Now if I could just get your sister to stop trying to climb in. She can climb in, but not out...which is pretty hysterical to us both....



Friday I ad to go to Chicago, so you spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa. I know that they love spending time with you and your sister, but I have to tell you. I miss you so much when I'm not with you. You two really are my sunshine. I was very glad to get home even after a LOOOOOONG day and cuddle with my favorite girlies.

So that is week 20, princess! More to come as I get back on track...

I love you, 
Mommy 








No comments:

Post a Comment