Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My sweet sweet muchkin

So I just have to sit down and write a quick note about last night.

We've got bedtime routines down pretty well these days. Ryan gets Scarlett ready, while I play with Ellie a bit, then I nurse Scarlett and get her down while he gets Ellie ready for bed and reads her as many bedtime stories as needed. Then I get her, she nurses (yes, we are still doing that!) and she goes to bed.

Last night was sweet overload. I came in and nursed her. He of course requested that I sing. Which I did. Just like every night. After awhile, I asked if she was ready for "tuckas" (I tuck her blanket in all around her). She told me "No, pray!" Of course, I forgot that step of the routine. So she laid her head on my shoulder and we prayed. "Cuddle." She wanted to cuddle more. Sweet baby girl! She snuggled into me soooo tight and I just held her and rocked her. Any time I tried to move my face away, she told me "NO. Cuddle." and pushed my cheek back against hers. This went on for at least a half hour.

Even though I didn't want to, I forced myself to get up after quite some time (and a couple texts from Ryan asking if I was OK) and tucked her in. When I told her she was snug as a bug in a rug, I got a happy smile and a "Thanks, Mama."

It doesn't get better than that.

Love. That. Girl. To. Pieces.

I am so lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment