Saturday, May 18, 2013

37 weeks

Dear Baby Bean,

You are 37 weeks old TODAY, little one! And, of course, I continue to be amazed at just how BIG you are. There have been so many times this week that I just have had to stop and stare at you. My baby is going away, and a big girl is emerging in her place. It is so exciting, but I cannot even stand it.

I love seeing more and more of your adorable little personality, though. You are SO funny these days, and way too smart for my good! I think your Aunt Janel put it perfectly...you got the best of both mine and Daddy's personalities. So you have my big ideas and drive, and your Daddy's sweetness and charm to get it done. Quite the combination. We are in TROUBLE!!!

So, on Tuesday, you continued to throw me a loop. It seems like every time I think I've got your schedule figured out you change it up. Lately, that has been you taking insanely long morning naps. No more 30-45min naps for you. Not that I am complaining...I am very grateful for the little extra time.

And extra long naps mean that you are extra playful when you get up! Your current favorite game? Playing "Queen Ellie" standing up in your crib and shouting orders at all your loyal subjects. Seriously, Bean, you did this for 20 minutes! You are such a silly girl!


The weather has been BEAUTIFUL so we also went to the park. You and your brother have SO much fun there. You still love swinging. You are such a little daredevil. The higher and faster you go, the more squeels and giggles you let out.



Have I mentioned that you are rocking out this walking thing? It is amazing to me! You do not want to be sitting anymore. Nope, it is all standing all the time for you, Bean! You love standing and walking all over behind your push toy now. I can't even make your practice your pulling up skills these days because you won't sit down!


It was off to the gym that night as usual, and you had a lot of fun hanging out with Aunt Casie! She got a kick out of how expressive you are, as you stuck out your little bottom lip when Daddy walked away. You are a pill, little one! Oh, and you were showing off all your new flips at the gym. You love flipping, the girls love to watch you flip, and Uncle Pete has a coronary when you flip. Win-win-win!

Thursday was a rough night for you. You were up every couple hours. No idea why, apparently you just like keeping Mommy on her toes!


We had a very busy evening. Daddy took us out to dinner. Yum! We went to Hacienda, which you apparently like...a lot. I was fine sharing my spinach and chicken quesadilla with you, UNTIL you decided you wanted just about the whole thing. The amount of stuff you are eating is nuts! I swear you have a hollow leg. At least I didn't have to share the margarita with you!


Then we went to the gym to help Uncle Jon and Uncle Keith the the Uhaul packed up for this weekend. You had fun laughing at Truff as usual, and flirting with the boys (and Jack Noland. I think you like him a liiiiiittle too much...). 

I've got to tell you, Bean, you are SO MUCH fun these days. So far I've really enjoyed every single "stage" with you, but really, this age is just super fun! You are so into playing and exploring everything. And you and your brother are playing more together, which I just love. You two certainly keep me on my toes! Truff doesn't even know what to think most times of you being able to really play with him. Boy is he in for a surprise!


We also took a walk Friday and you spent a little time with Craig and "Big" Ellie (I don't think she likes that moniker. We need to find a better name for her!). You had a million smiles for Ellie and she just loved that! We do always get comments about how smile-y you are. You are such a happy baby! Oh, and they reassured you that when you get big enough, they will carry Ellie treats in their car, just like they carry Truffle treats!

Watching you figure stuff out is amazing too. You were cracking me up...you were trying to figure out how to make a chick that you got for Easter "chirp". Well, Bean, you figured out one way, but I don't think that is necessarily the way it was intended. Your little expressions are priceless as you are figuring everything out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8KS-swxRkQ

You've also learned how to "play" with balls. We had so much fun just rolling it to each other for like 20 minutes. You think that is hysterical.

Speaking of hysterical, Friday night you had an awesome time playing with Daddy. I was in the laundry room folding clothes and I could just hear you laughing your little behind off with him. I love watching (and listening) to you two playing together. He is so enamored by you, little one, and he really is the best Daddy ever. I hope you know how lucky you are to have such an awesome Daddy!

And I know I am a very lucky Mommy to have YOU! Seriously, though, your Daddy and I still ask each other at least once a day how we could have ever been so blessed to have such an awesome daughter. I love how full of personality you are, and how smiley and amazing you are. But most of all, I just love YOU. You are the best little Baby Bean EVER, even if you are getting way too big too fast!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment