Sunday, May 26, 2013

38 weeks

Dear Baby Bean,

You are 38 weeks and 1 day old today. I've been feeling all nostalgic lately. I think some of it is the warm weather, or remembering that last Memorial Day weekend we started working on your nursery,  and some of it is writing 38 weeks. It really seems like yesterday when I was 38 weeks pregnant with you and you were being the little spitfire that would not stay on the monitor during NST's and almost made me pass out! That really should've given be a clue, because now at 38 weeks old you sure do still give me a run for my money!

We had such a big week! Let's see, like I had said before, Saturday Daddy and I took you on your very first trip to the zoo! That was all the excitement we could handle for that day. Especially because we had a VERY early (3am!) wake up call the next day! That's right, Sunday we were up early and on the road to Grand Rapids for a cheer competition. I have to say, bean, we got SO lucky with you. That is true in a million different ways, but one important one is that you are SO tolerant of our crazy schedule! You are a great traveler and did awesome at the competition as usual.


Daddy had so much fun playing with you on breaks! He is your favorite toy, for sure! Since you are much bigger now than you were at the last competition, you got to spend a lot more time out with the bigger girls. You thought it was so funny to watch them and wave at them and talk to them. I think they might be teaching you some bad habits. You can now make a "duck face" for pictures. If you get to the point where you add a peace sign like those silly girls do for pictures, I told everyone to call CPS on me. 


You did an awesome job cheering on all the teams and all of our teams are going to state. And you were so happy, as long as you were strapped to me. Yup, that Beco is worth its weight in gold to me right now, little one. I won't complain, because I love being close to you, but it is times like this where I am thankful for how teeny you are! 

Something else VERY exciting happened...Aunt Mandy asked you to be a flower girl for her wedding! Yay! You showed your excitement by trying to eat the card. Good thing that Aunt Mandy is smart and realizes that whatever dress she picks out you are going to need some cute ruffle-y bloomers because you will likely walk down the aisle with your dress around your ears. She is prepared for you Bean! Anyways, you are very excited for her and Uncle Brian and can't wait for next October!


Monday, I had some hardcore competition hangover. And, I think, for the first time you did too! At least I think this is what baby competition hangover looks like. 20 hour days are hard on you too!


We went and picked up Truff from Grandma and Grandpa's house and then came home and had a nice relaxing day where we went for lots of walks together and took some nice long naps...all of us! 

It was pretty hot out, so we also hooked up your splash pad. You weren't so sure at first, probably because it was a little bit cold for you. Good thing Dad has plans to solar-heat the hose! But after it warmed up, you were loving sitting out there splashing around in the water. 


Tuesday we had planned to stay at home since it was going to be stormy all day, but when the weather cleared up, we decided to head out to the zoo. Gotta use that membership, right? Well you weren't so sure of the lion when he starting roaring, but you LOVED looking at the monkeys again. You were watching them VERY carefully. No getting any ideas and starting to swing around on stuff, okay, Bean?!?


That night you had another big first...your first Cobra ride. Daddy was so proud, you LOVED it, and you even tried to drive. He says you are a natural! I can just imagine the fights that will ensue about that! But you were very happy to take a ride around the cul-de-sac. Unfortunately that is the furthest you will be going, as much to Daddy's dismay, I will not let him bolt a carseat to the frame. 


Wednesday it was icky and rainy out, so we stayed home a did a little resting. Nothing too exciting. We just spent time playing together. I just love playing with you. You are walking all over these days. You love to hold on to our hands and walk all over the house now. Sigh. I don't know how you got so big so fast! And you can stand for a LONG time. You hold on to your crib, or to the couch, or to your toy and just stand there. You are learning so much, so fast!

We're also going running together these days. You are such a good running buddy. Even when it was rainy and icky out, you were a trooper and stuck it out for a good little jog. You love contorting yourself around in that stroller to see me, silly girl. 

Thursday got off to an interesting start. You actually slept in later than normal (woooohoooo) and I was cuddling with Truff when I found a tick on him. He would NOT let me get it off! So we had to drive to Dad's work for a little assistance and another pair of hands. Of course, the one day you sleep in I have to wake you up. I didn't want to! Look at how peaceful you were...


Waking you up, plus no coffee, plus a detour on the way over to Dad's work made me a crabby Mommy. Luckily after our adventure and a nap, you and your brother were both as good as new!

I am quite mortified to report that you and Daddy have a new game too. There are no words for this, baby bean. No words. 


Take my advice and don't suck too hard. Daddy's boogers do not equal milk. Trust me on this one. I know things. 

Friday you went to see Grandma and Grandpa while I worked out. The fan got a new make-over, and is now decorated for summer in its patriotic splendor! You had a good time playing with Grandma and Grandpa, as usual, and then we went home to rest up for the evening. When Daddy got home, we took off with Uncle Brad and Aunt Sondra to a car show. We don't have a fun car that you will fit in (that runs...Daddy has got to get my Mustang finished) but it was funny to remember that this is the second year in a row we didn't take a fun car. Last year I was feeling huge and we got about 5 miles away from home and you were sitting right on a nerve and making it very uncomfortable to ride in the cobra, so we turned around and drove a 'real' car. Funny what a year does! Anyways, we had a lot of fun walking around and you were, of course a hit. You had to wave at everyone. All the time. You are like the welcoming committee of the world or something. Or a beauty queen in training. Either way you were waving and flirting up a storm. 

Saturday we had a nice relaxing day. We got some stuff done around here, including deep-cleaning a bunch of your stuff. This is apparently where my judgement got fuzzy. I decided that since I was waiting for your high chair to dry, we should have a picnic lunch. What the heck in the world was I thinking. 

At least I still had the sense to take off your clothes before the picnic commenced. Truff, on the other hand, loved the picnic. And I think you loved the deep cleaning you got afterwards, as I was trying to scrub avocado out of the million little nooks and crannies you managed to smoosh it in. 

 Later that day, we got all dressed up and went out to a nice dinner together. It was a delayed Mother's Day for me, since I had to be at the gym Mother's Day and it is just a general sucky day for me. You were an adorable dinner date and were So good at Bonefish, sharing bread and Dad's veggies. I think you really wanted my sashimi, but I don't share that. Dad did sneak you a little bit of brownie for dessert, though!


I also really, really loved the gift you and Daddy got me! You guys got me a special engraved frame that has your hand and foot prints and then a picture of the two of us. That is so special to me! You and Daddy did a VERY good job. You both are awfully smart and good gift givers.

Which brings us to today. With the holiday weekend, there was no practice today, so instead of the usual routine, we did church, then went to Michigan City. Shopping wasn't so successful, but playing with you was. You are so funny and happy. We were trying to keep you awake on the ride home and you were so delirious, and just singing and talking, and waving and sticking out that tongue. Everything you do is just so cute!

It is so hard to believe that you are nearly 9 months old. How is that even possible. I still often feel like I'm just dreaming, like you are just too good to be true. I am so lucky that I get to be your Mom and that I get to be the one to give you good night kisses and tell you "hello, Super Sleeper" when you wake up. I am so thankful for every gummy smile, and every excited jump up and down. You are the most special baby girl ever and I love you so much!

I love you, Ellie-Bean!
Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment