Thursday, May 23, 2013

The 'must haves'...part 2

Of course as Ellie changes my 'must haves' change, so I thought it was time to do another list. So first, let's revisit what I had before (when E was about 3 months):

1. Swaddlers- We had to wean her off the swaddle awhile ago since she is a rolling machine. Then we had some crappy sleep. Now we're finally back to normal and she sleeps in a sleeper and sleep sack. So yes, this is a must have for the 0-4ish month phase.

2. A Nice Robe- A million times YES! Still useful. Although I will add MULTIPLE comfy robes. You cannot have enough.

3. Cloth Diapers- Still love them. Still not saving money because I feel the need to buy a zillion cute diapers. I feel like my stash is finally at the point where I ALMOST have enough, especially since I just got another shipment of wet bags and 7 new diapers. I am dying to try the bamboo Kawaii's. I am trying to show restraint. Hmmm.

4. Co-sleeper- I had hoped we'd still be co-sleeping. No dice. Girl likes her space and feels the need to nurse every 10 minutes if I am within a 10 foot radius. But again, we used it every night from 0-4.5ish months, and then her pack-n-play as kind of a pseudo-co-sleeper from 4.5ish-6. Now she's in her big girl crib.

5. The Snuza- Yes! Still love it! Still on the first battery, and still allows me to sleep at night. Well, the combo of that and the Angel care monitor. Yes, I have 2 breathing monitors on my kid. I never claimed to be sane.

6. One-handed snacks- I have accepted the truth that I will never do anything with 2 hands ever again. Although now, everything is a one-handed snack. And if you accidentally get pizza sauce on your kid's head....be grateful she doesn't have hair and you can lick it off. No idea why I know that...

NEW STUFF...

7. Boubeads/Teething necklaces- Okay, these are awesome. Necklaces I wear that E can chew on. Basically I have 2 types. Silicone ones that I got from Micheal's that are CHEAP and my new go-to baby present. Or Boubeads. Sigh. Boubeads. They are gorgeous. I wear them with everything.Ellie loves to play with them and chew them. But they are pricey. Best thing about these...the cuddles! She will cuddle right up to your neck to chew. Even Dad and Grandpa have been spotting sporting teething necklaces (even in public!).



8. A good stroller- I lucked into my stroller. I tried to do the research. Really, I did. Then I got overwhelmed. So I ended up with the B-Agile. And I LOVE it. So lightweight. So easy to fold. So comfy for E. Really. Spend some money here. Recently, I even started jogging again, and it is not a half bad jogging stroller. Yes, I know, it is not the safest thing to do. But I figure for awhile it will suffice. See my cute girl after we got rained on during today's run?





9. A video monitor- Since her highness is in another room, and she tends to wake up at the slightest "click" of a door, it is vital for me to have one of these. And I LOVE that I can check in from any laptop or phone. Perfect.

10. A sitting/walking toy- Girl will NOT do what she does not want to do. So in order to entice her to sit up, we used the walking toy. And now, she wants to be standing all the time. She will stand and look out the window for 20 minutes straight if I let her. And she uses it to pull up. And she is starting to walk behind it. So, you know, it is pretty much worth its weight in gold to us. We got this one: http://www.amazon.com/VTech--Stand-Learning-Frustration-Packaging/dp/B0053X62GK/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1369333602&sr=1-1 when it was on sale for $19.99.


11. Wine- Because clingy days where I can't even put her down long enough to use the bathroom happen. 

I think those are pretty much all the things that I couldn't function without, for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment