Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Patch...and 25 weeks!

We took Ellie to the pumpkin patch on Monday. She had a blast! She was all smiles and loved running around from pumpkin to pumpkin, looking for the perfect one. 


I was a little worried at how it would go, since we had to go after Ryan got home from work, and not on a weekend since our weekends are just too full. That, and teething. Oh, wretched teething! She has been a mess with that, most recently not even wanting to sit in her high chair to eat, but wanting to sit on my lap. I hate that those chompers hurt so much!

Oh, oh, but she now has ANOTHER tooth! Yup! She now has a "fang". Baby half-vampire for Halloween, maybe?

But when we got to the farm, she was all smiles, starting with the wagon ride. She LOVED that. She did really well sitting on her bottoms and holding on too. Looks like I need to start looking around for a wagon for this girl. And you can see her little chomper. Sigh. So cute. 



She then proceeded to run all around the pumpkin patch. We had it all to ourselves, so she got to go crazy!


We did manage to find the perfect pumpkin, although I don't think she'll fit in it this year! But we all had fun, and then stopped for some yummy soup and sandwiches afterwards. 


Oh, and because I'm feeling all sappy and sentimental, how in the world did this happen???


Okay, so now for a "Baby S" update. Yes, we can officially start calling her Baby S now. 

How far along:  25 weeks
How big is baby: The size of a zucchini. 13.6 inches. At the ultrasound they said she was 1lb 15oz. Of course, we all know how much I trust ultrasound measurements, right?
What I've done to prep for baby: Not a whole lot this week. Set a date to do an Ikea run. Oh, and got some stuff to start putting together "busy bags" for Ellie. Must get a move on...we are getting close to the countdown being in double digits, so I am starting to FREAK OUT. Oh, and we started to clean out the study to turn it into S's room. I still can't believe we are doing another nursery. 
Best moment of the week: Seeing Baby S on the ultrasound. She looks SO much like Ellie did as a newborn. Like, identical. How cool is that?
See? 
Oh, and I felt hiccups for the first time today. Love that!
Food cravings: Meh, still not really having "cravings" per say. Probably part of that is that I kinda eat whatever I can cram down while chasing around the bean. 
Symptoms: Nothing new here. Well, I guess I am having a lot more heartburn than I had with Ellie. I know the wives' tale about the baby having hair. If that is true, E will NOT be happy, since she is still my little baldy! 
Movement: It was hard to get her MCA's on the ultrasound since she was moving so much. Silly little girl! She loves to have middle-of-the-night dance parties too. 
What I’m looking forward to: Starting to check things off my never-ending to-do list. That has got to happen at some point in time, right?
Next appt: OB and endo in a week and a half. Oh, and I have to do another 1 hour glucose test soon. Oh joy. Fingers crossed that I can pass this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment