Friday, February 14, 2014

2 weeks

Dear Scarlett,

You are 2 weeks old today, baby squish! Your Daddy and I are so, SO incredibly in love with you. It seems like you've been there so much longer than 2 weeks!

So what happened this week? Well, first of all, LOTS of snuggling. Every single night you've zonked with Daddy, watched the Olympics, and cuddled up with him. He loves, loves, LOVES snuggling with you. You two are so cute, you make my heart MELT.


 You, Ellie and I had our first day home alone a week ago. We did great, minus a little breakdown because of some outside drama. Yay! We did it again on Monday and it was even better. Your sister is watching a little more TV then I would like, but we'll get there. You guys keep me busy, but I love being home with my girls.

Speaking of you and your sister...things are still going so well there. She loves giving you kisses. She rocks you in your carrier. Oh, and we all spend time together cuddling and you love to watch her. I love to see you two together. Both Daddy and I agree that no matter how much parenting stuff we screw up with you two (and we will...LOTS) that this is one thing we HAVE to get right. We have to make sure you two have a good relationship. That is one of the big benefits of you two being so close in age, so hopefully we can cultivate that. I know you both are both incredibly special, and we love both of you more than you can imagine!




You went to church with us for the first time Sunday. Daddy loved that too. He held you the entire time and you didn't make a peep. He is so proud of you and loves showing you off. Then, you spent the afternoon hanging out with Daddy and Ellie while I was at the gym. You took bottles for Dad like a champ. I'm glad we don't have any issues there. 

Tuesday we were going stir crazy, so we went to the mall to walk around with Grandma. You slept the entire time, my little smoosh! Your sister, though, got to open the Disney Store, so she thought she was hot stuff. What a funny sister you have!


You still sleep a lot, but you are getting a little more alert. Sometimes I get to see those beautiful eyes. They are really starting to turn blue. Such a pretty girl!!!


Wednesday was another day spent hanging at home (and recovering from our first time out and about together) and then Thursday we headed out to meet Daddy for lunch. He loved showing you off to everyone he works with. He is so proud of his girls!

Oh, and you've started to smile. Milk drunk smiles = Best. Thing. Ever. 



You are still a super sleeper. Most nights you are only up once. Which is nice, because your sister is still cutting molars and so she is having some sleep problems too. You being so cooperative means that we aren't complete zombies. 

Overall, little one, I have to say that it is just too much fun having you here. I love you so much, and I feel lucky to be your Mom. You are so laid back and relaxed, and just so different than myself and your sister. I love just watching you learn and develop. You are such a neat little girl, and we are all so lucky to have you in our family!

I love you!
Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment