Saturday, June 21, 2014

Catching up...18 weeks!

Dear Baby Scarlett,

It is time for me to play catch up on these letters and get to writing about your 18th week. We have been so busy that I've gotten a bit behind. The combo of you and your sister makes for very full hands for me most days. That, blended with a crazy schedule and me trying to spend time with you both in the "present" and you see why I am a little behind. No worries, I'll catch up slowly but surely!

So, let's start off when you were exactly 18 weeks and 1 day old. It was the very last weekend we would have "free" for awhile, so we decided to head up to the beach. Your sister loved to play in the the splash pad. You were content to watch her from your blanket. You are such a happy girl...I LOVE that about you!


We, of course, had to go get pizza. Between you and your sister, I think you managed to entertain the entire section of the restaurant that we were in. You both certainly have a way about you! One lady even stopped to tell us how blessed we were to have such amazing little girls. This woman didn't even know the half of it, but Daddy and I agree!

You also "officially" turned 4 months! I just can't believe it. You are losing a lot of your "newborn" look and turning into my cute little chunky monkey!


Monday was a little bit of a rough day. You had your 4 month doctor's appointment. Which...of course, meant more shots. I know they are necessary, but seeing my little Squish hurt is so heartbreaking. 



The good news is that you tolerated them WAY better than last time. No little whimpers, thank goodness! And everything else looks perfect. You were 13lbs 13oz (56th percentile) had a head circumference of 16 inches (41st percentile) and...get this, my supermodel...25.5 inches tall! Whoa! 90th percentile. Your sister wasn't even that tall at 6 months!

Speaking of your sister, Ellie came to the appointment too, and was very big on helping. She helped measure you, and sat by your head and gave you love while you got your shots. She is such a super big sister to you, and she hates to see you upset too. She loves to tell everyone very dramatically "OH NO! Baby CRY!"

Of course after the appointment, all any of us wanted to do was just cuddle up a storm. So, that is pretty much what we did for the rest of the day. I won't complain at all to days like that, little love!

Tuesday we had a much needed "down" day. We spent time around the house, and spend a LOT of time outside. Since your sister LOVES it outside, we spend a ton of time out there. You love to chill out on your blanket and just watch everything. I can just see that little brain taking everything in! Of course keeping you out of the sun is a trick, but we make it work.

By Wednesday, things were going a little crazy in our house. I was trying to prep for a weekend away with both of you, plus competition stuff. It was just crazy! You had a couple of rough nights with sleep, which turned me into a zombie. Overall, just not a great stretch of time, and I got VERY overwhelmed. I am so thankful that in times like that, your Daddy is such a rockstar and so good about helping out to make sure that everything gets done!

Of course, I can now totally identify when I get into crazy overwhelmed mode. I mean, life is busy, but when I stop taking time to look at this face? That is when things get bad. I have to keep reminding myself that everything else can wait. Laundry may never really get folded, and there may always be half a box worth of stray cheerios scattered around the living room, but THIS, THIS is what is important right here.


Thursday we ran some errands to prep for the weekend. You were amazing and happy to chill out in your carseat the entire time, which certainly made things easier on me!

Thursday night you got to meet your Aunt Stephanie! Yay! She was in town for a wedding, so we got pizza and ice cream with her. Even though she isn't much of a "baby person" you managed to charm her like you always do.


Friday it was off to Lansing for a cheer competition. This is the first one you've been at as an outside baby, and there were so many people waiting to meet you it was crazy. You were a doll on the long car ride, and went to bed pretty well in the hotel room. Of course, that MAY have something to do with the fact that we got the motor in your rock n play replaced. It had stopped vibrating you! Apparently you like to shake! Why didn't I think of that?



So, sweet girl, that was week 18. Crazy, and hectic and definitely overwhelming at times. But even in those crazy times, I can't help but realize how lucky I am. Like the lady at the restaurant said, I get to me the Mommy of 2 amazing little girls. I love seeing you learn and grow. And I love YOU so, SO much!

I love you Smoosh!
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment