Thursday, June 28, 2012

The big 3-0!


Well, I think I am much more excited about turning 30 like this than the last time I turned thirty! So I had to put the birthday princess crown that Mandy made me to good use. I can't believe that I'm 30 weeks. Time moves in the absolute weirdest way sometimes. 

This week was a bit more eventful than last. I had a doctor's appointment Friday. My blood pressure was high, but not crazy high. The good news, however, is that I get another ultrasound out of all these blood pressure issues. I got SO spoiled at the beginning of this pregnancy with seeing the baby girl, and I haven't seen her since our anatomy scan, which was mid-April. We get another peek at her in 11 days (not that I'm counting or anything!). I can't wait to see how much she's grown and changed. 

Then, Saturday was our birthing class. For the most part, it went well. I really enjoyed the hospital tour, and a lot of the info was really good. I, however, have decided that I should have stayed in denial about her coming out. Seriously. Natural childbirth = not for me. But then they showed us all the equipment (and needles!) involved in getting an epidural. Yup, don't want that either. I need an option C. 

Monday I had my three hour glucose test. I was really nervous that I would be incredibly sick. The one hour messed me up for the rest of the day. I was pleasantly surprised that other than feeling a bit nauseous for the first hour, it was not a big deal at all. More boring than anything. Monday was also Truff's birthday, so we had a fun night celebrating with him. He's been THE BEST for us getting through all this. Definitely the cutest little bandaid ever!

Back to pregnancy related stuff...so, I was feeling great about my three hour and then BAM...I get a phone call from the doctor's office. Yeah. Not good news. So, I get to deal with gestational diabetes. On the bright side, I'm going to enjoy the extra monitoring. Yes, I am still a paranoid freak. On the bad side, those icees are certainly things of the past now. I'm not too sure about what this entails, as I have an appointment with an endocrinologist today to discuss all of this. I'll update when I know more.

How far along:  30 weeks! 70 days!
How big is baby: The length of a cucumber...15.7 inches. And right around 3 pounds. 
What I've done to prep for baby: Well, our birthing class, I guess is the big one this week. Other than that, nada. Must. get. going. 
Best moment of the week: E moving yesterday. She was swimming ALL over the place!
Food cravings: Looks like this will be a "not applicable" category now. :(
Symptoms: Nothing out of the ordinary, but I think if you asked Ryan, he'd add in "moodiness" as the symptom of the week. I blame hormones. Really. 
Movement: First, I love that now I can SEE where she is sometimes. Like, one side of my belly will be bulging out as she's hiding over there. I'm getting kicks and punches and such still, but I can also feel more subtle movements like turning and stretching, which makes my whole belly move in this wave-like motion and I LOVE it!
What I’m looking forward to: A fairly relaxing weekend! And the holiday. And of course that ultrasound!!!!
Next appt: Today with the endocrinologist, but the 9th with the OB. 



No comments:

Post a Comment