Saturday, November 24, 2012

12 weeks!

Dear Ellie,

Today marks 12 weeks since you were born, baby bird! You are growing up SO fast. I cannot believe how much you are changing every day. The really cool thing is that you seem to get more and more fun every single day. You are so alert and curious, and into EVERYTHING these days...I just love it!

So, your week...well Sunday Grandma and Grandpa Mason came over to see you for a bit. Last time they were over you were VERY cranky, so I am happy to report that you were in a much better mood this time, according to Daddy, and gave lots of sweet Ellie cuddles. Then you came to the gym, as usual, for Aunt Lori cuddles. What a good day!

Monday during the day, we stayed around the house. We were both so exhausted from the weekend! I don't mind at all, there is nothing I like better than cuddling with my baby girl! I was a little worried about you, as you were spitting up a lot. It didn't really seem to bother you, though, so I will just keep an eye on it. That night, though, we went to pick up Grandma and Grandpa Zaher from the airport. They were very happy to see you after being in Florida for a couple weeks!

Tuesday, Grandma Zaher came over to bring you some of the presents they got you when they were in Florida. I didn't think your wardrobe could get better, but surprise...it can! You make everything you wear look so adorable, little princess! We went grocery shopping with Daddy that night in preparation for Thanksgiving on Thursday. You are getting to be so good at being out and about. You LOVE being on the go!

Wednesday we ran a couple more errands and stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Zaher's to let Grandpa cuddle you a bit. You were absolutely mezmerized by their fan! You just giggled away at it! You also just stared at the light they had on a dimmer and had fun with Grandpa "blowing it out." Then it was off to the gym for awhile. Of course, when we come out, there you are in Aunt Andrea's arms, zonked out. I told Andrea she needs to come over every night to get you to take your evening nap since you fight that SO hard. She loves you so much, I think she would!

Thursday was your very first Thanksgiving, and it was crazy emotional for both your Daddy and I. We spent a lot of the day just wondering out of all the kiddos in the world, how did we get the best two? We love you and your brother so very much and are so incredibly thankful for both of you. We thought back to Thanksgiving last year, which was really hard for me and Daddy, and were truly amazed at the difference a year makes. The last couple years the holidays have been really sad for us, and last year especially we weren't sure that little Truffle would ever get to be a big brother. Little did we know a year later we have the most awesome daughter ever in our arms. We are so, so blessed to have you, little one!

We went up to Grandma and Grandpa Mason's house for dinner. Great Grandpa was there too! Dinner was yummy, and Grandma and Grandpa LOVED playing with you. You were showing them how strong you are by practicing standing up. I love that you are so strong, but I wish you wouldn't grow so fast. Thinking about you standing is just too much for me! You fought naps hard, as usual, and got into meltdown mode later in the day. We finally got you down to bed and you were zonked.

Black Friday was a lot different from last year too! No going to Michigan City at 3am for Daddy and I this year! Instead we all cuddled up in bed until 9am. The best part about it being after Thanksgiving is that you can now wear your Christmas clothes which are so, so cute on you, baby bean! See? Love those reindeer!



You zonked out on me last night while nursing. So I got LOTS of Ellie snuggles. I love that. For about the first half hour you would pop your eyes open to see if I was still there, then get a sweet sleepy smile and drift back to sleep. Talk about my favorite thing ever!!! I think I'd be okay if I just never put you down. I am as amazed with you as I was 12 weeks ago. You are such a special little girl, and I love you so, so much. I did share with Daddy last night, so he got some cuddles from the sleepy princess too. 



You really are our world, little one. We are so, so blessed that you've come into our lives. We can't imagine life without you. Your little smiles just melt our hearts. And your giggles? They really do make our day. Daddy and I love you so much. And although we feel like you are growing WAY too fast, we feel very lucky to have a front row seat to that. 

I love you, my little baby bird!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment