Tuesday, January 15, 2013

19 weeks

Dear Baby Bean,

Happy 19 weeks! Well, actually 19 weeks and 3 days. It was a LONG weekend and I didn't get a chance to write you a letter. I feel like a bad mommy, so I am trying to make up for it now.

Sunday it was back to go-go-go for us! We went to church, then you and Daddy went to Grandma and Grandpa Mason's house for awhile. They really enjoyed seeing you. You were a very good girl and napped well for them, especially when Grandma Mason wrapped you up in your blanket and got you nice and toasty warm!


Then it was off to the gym. I didn't have the best night at the gym, so I really needed Ellie snuggles when I got home, and you obliged! I love Ellie snuggles so much, they are the BEST!

Monday was a big day too...Notre Dame was playing in the National Championship game. You donned your new ND outfit from Grandpa Zaher. You looked so adorable!


Unfortunately, the team didn't look nearly as good as you did and got beat by Alabama pretty badly. Booo.

Tuesday we had to run some errands together. Nothing too dramatic there, but guess what the UPS man brought while we were taking Truff for a walk? Your new exersaucer! You are loving it. It is still quite big for you, but you love playing with the toys, and you especially like how you can annoy your brother with the toys.


Wednesday we were up early and you went to Grandma Zaher's house while I went to the Y and worked out. You did not want to get up in time for me to go. In fact, you tried to fall back asleep on your changing table after I had carried you out. 


See that thumb? That is where it ALWAYS is these days. It is always in your mouth. It is soooo cute, but this germophobe mommy is going crazy trying to keep it clean!

After we got back from working out, we stayed home and tried to get prepped for the weekend. More on that later...

That night you slept so well! You were out until about 7am! I really appreciated that, as your sleeping has definitely been hit and miss these days. Sometimes you sleep awesome and sometimes...well...sometimes I make sure I dress you really cute the next day because you were a complete pain in the rear!


You are definitely an active sleeper these days. You kick your legs in bed so much that it shakes MY bed. And you scoot all around, especially when you are just in a sleeper. See? I found you laying almost sideways this week! Silly bean!

Thursday we went to Target to check out the toy clearance. We didn't find anything too exciting, unfortunately. You need new toys like you need a hole in the head. I did get you a little puppy, Violet that says your name! I was excited that it has Ellorie as an option! And I love how it says it "EllorIEEEEE" so cute! You love it, and we spend a lot of time these days dancing and singing to the songs it sings. 

We also had a very interesting incident. Daddy was changing your diaper. You had made a mess. Well, Dad called me in to look at something in your diaper...it ended up being a ball of Truffle's fur! You had eaten that, and it has gone all the way through you. Yuck! We did get a good chuckle out of it, though!

Friday we were going crazy packing for the weekend. You require so much stuff, and I am always so worried about forgetting something when we travel. It is stressful! You slept horribly that night too. You would not go down. Not what I wanted when you were going to have to get up at 3am!

Saturday and Sunday we were in Grand Rapids for a cheer competition. You got to spend lots of time with Grandma and Grandpa, who convinced you that all the people were clapping for you! You got to see Aunt Janel, Aunt Mandy and Grandma Katie too! You sported your NE uniform that came off the teddy bear I had. I can't believe it pretty much fits you. You're such a tiny bean! It was the hit of the competition. 


Daddy had fun throwing you around too! You love being thrown around and giggle your little toosh off! It is so cute!

We got home pretty late Sunday. We were all fairly tired and went to bed pretty quick. You just aren't sleeping so well these days, so most nights you end up in our bed. I wouldn't mind snuggling with you, but you squirm all around and like punching my ribs when you're sleeping. I am hoping that you get past this little sleep regression soon. I miss those 10 hour nights from you!

Monday was competition hangover day. It really doesn't seem to effect you, though. You were still all smiles. 


Neither of us got out of our PJs. Sometimes we need days like that!

And that brings us to today. We went to the mall with Grandma to put some stuff on hold at Gymboree for tomorrow's sale. We found some great stuff. You were pretty cranky and didn't nap well, though which was a bit tough. You are also so squirmy in your stroller. If I don't buckle you in your carrier, you try to roll over in it. Go figure, you will never roll from back to belly on the floor, but in your carseat you will try your darndest. Silly bean. 


Even when you are an overtired mess, little bird, I still love you so, so much. You are amazing. You are growing so much every single day and I am so lucky that I get a front row seat to all that. Just seeing you discover things and master new skills is so awesome. And you are SUCH a snuggle bug! I just love being your Mommy!

I love you,
Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment