Saturday, January 5, 2013

18 weeks

Dear Miss Ellie,

You are 18 weeks old today! Yay! You are getting so big these days, and doing so much that I am really glad I started writing you these letters so that I can remember all our adventures and everything about you! I just want to etch everything into my mind, because it is going so fast!

Saturday night we took a big step, and let you sleep unswaddled with your arms out. Daddy and I were both very scared that you would be up every 45 minutes. BUT...you proved us wrong big girl! You did awesome, and were even able to get yourself back to sleep by sucking your thumb when you woke up! You are so stinking cute when you sleep with your little thumb in your mouth, or on your side with you arms in a bow and arrow position. I think you knew how proud of you we were for only waking up once that night, because you were all smiles. I wasn't so much because now you look like such a big girl sleeping! I might have teared up a little about that!


Sunday started off the week busy! We went to church, and then Aunt Mandy came down for a visit. You were a bit cranky because you didn't nap well, but hung in there through lunch, and lots of snuggles with Aunt Mandy. One funny thing when we were at lunch: the waitress asked if you just came from getting pictures taken. Why, no...you are just always dressed to the nines. You are a stylish little bean.



Monday was New Year's Eve! We did some shopping. You did very well! Then we went over to the Trujillos to hang out for a bit. They all love you so much! And they were very impressed by how well you can stand on your own. In fact, you can stand up only holding one of Daddy's hands. See? Such a strong little birdy!


I think this means you are going to be walking a lot sooner than I would like. 

We also made sure to wake you up for the ball drop. You, me, Daddy and Truffle all cuddled up on the couch and counted down to 2013. It was very emotional for me and Dad. We are both just so incredibly happy to have you here and be able to ring in the new year with the best 2-legged AND the best 4-legged kiddos ever! You teared up too...but it was because you were NOT happy being woken up to watch a silly ball. You wanted your BED!!!

We had a pretty low key day for the first day of 2013. We all hung out together. You are loving your toys these days. The only way I can get you to stay on your tummy for tummy time is to get you playing with those toys. You especially love your O balls, and anything that lights up. You also really love your sing along songs DVD. Daddy and I love it too, as it buys us 15 minutes that we can actually scarf down dinner.


We did have a "first" on New Year's Day, though. Your first bubble bath. You loved being surrounded by all those bubbles! One problem...you try to eat the bubbles. So of course, because I am  a LIIIIIITTLE protective of you, I was rinsing bubbles off your hands constantly. 


Wednesday we hung out at home, just the two of us. That was nice. Truffle liked it too. You are even more aware of him these days, which is so cool. You love to laugh at him, and you are always watching him. He does so good with you too. He does not bite, even when you rip out fistfulls of hair. And yes, you have done that already. We bundled you up and took Truff for a very long walk. It was REALLY cold, so I bundled you up. You didn't mind the cold, and stayed nice and toasty!


Thursday was a rough day. I haven't been feeling well, and had gotten kind of concerned about my health, so you came with me to the doctor's in the morning. You were so good in the office. Barely a peep, and you gave lots of smiles to everyone. Then we came home, I got you to nap, fed you, and then went back out to your doctor appointment. Daddy met us there again, so like usual you had big gummy smiles for him. The good news is that you are still doing very well. You are 12lbs 1oz (16%) and 25 inches tall (76%). Tall and skinny. You had to get shots again too, and you were a trooper. You did not like the oral one this time. You had three shots in your poor little legs. You cried, of course, but then calmed right down when they were done. Such a brave little girl! Daddy and I were so proud of you!

Friday we went shopping with Grandma! You got to try out your big girl car seat in her car. I think you liked it, as you napped pretty well in it. We managed to add to your wardrobe even more. Although, on this shopping trip, you had a little wardrobe malfunction:


Today I had to go get poked for a blood draw, so you and Dad went with, then we all went out for Indian food for lunch. The waitress loved you and even had to hold you for a minute. You are quite the hit everywhere you go, you are such a special girl. 

Baby bean, I love you so, so much. I am so lucky to be your Mommy! I know I tell you that a lot, but it is completely true. I still just stare at you, multiple times a day, thinking about what an incredible blessing you are. You are the answer to so many of my prayers, and I simply cannot fathom any other baby being quite as perfect for us as you are! You just absolutely melt my heart. Your smiles and snuggles are better than anything else!

I love you so much!!!
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment