Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy 20 weeks!

Dear Ellie,

Happy 20 weeks old! And I am actually writing this on the correct day. Yay! Go Mommy!!!

So what happened this week? Well, we left off on Wednesday. Wednesday we did a bit more Gymboree-ing with Grandma. You were a very good girl and took some good naps in your car seat.


One thing that I am noticing more and more is that you really are starting to get interested in food. You watch me eating like crazy, even straining your head back if you are on my lap to see where I am putting that food. And sometimes you even mimic chewing. I think you will be ready to go in another month or so when we start you on solids. 

Wednesday night was BUSY. We went to the gym, as usual, but then we also dropped by dinner for Grandpa Mason's birthday. We couldn't stay long because it was late, but I think he liked seeing you. 

Thursday we needed a break so we stayed home! You have not been sleeping well at all. We're up with you about three times a night. Where did my good sleeping bean go? I am trying to just enjoy the extra snuggles that you want, though. 


Since we stayed home, though, we played dress up with some of your new clothes. That was fun, and you were pretty tolerant for the most part. Look how adorable, baby bean:


That evening you were playing with Daddy and you had a important first. You sat up by yourself. And not just for a second or two, for about a whole minute. Way to go, bean. You still much prefer standing to sitting, though, so sometimes when I try to work with you on sitting you just pop right up into a standing position. You can also stand up with very little help. We don't even have to hold you when you're standing up sometimes. How is my little baby bird getting so darn big???

Friday was a tough one. You went over to Grandma's for awhile while I worked out, then we popped by Lori's, then home. The problem? You did NOT want to nap. All day. Ever. Arg! Talk about driving Mommy crazy!


You are getting so much more into toys too! You can pick things up, turn them around, stick them in your mouth, and just otherwise inspect everything. I did figure out that I can get you to do some tummy time on your mat if I bring the toy bar down to the floor for you to play with! You need to be entertained constantly. And you talk up a storm! See? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpy73-eWNco

After the rough day with you, Daddy sent me to nap and you guys played together and went to get a pizza for dinner. You have the best Daddy! He takes care of both of us so well!

Last night was another rough night. You only want to sleep curled up with me. Even when we manage to get you in the co-sleeper, you scootch all the way over to the side by me. I love that you are such a snuggle bug, even when you happen to want to snuggle at 12am, 2am, 4:30am and 7am. You do so much better snuggled up with me in our bed, and LOVE taking it over when we get up. 


So that brings us to this morning, 20 week old! Since we didn't get much sleep, I sent Daddy to sleep in and we went for a nice long walk with your brother. The sun was shining and it wasn't too cold, so we had a lot of fun. And you tried to eat your sunglasses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z63JoJeePRY


I am so amazed by you, little one. Seeing you learn and grow is just awesome. I love spending time with you, even when it is at 3am. You are such a special little girl, and so funny and loving! I love being your mommy, and I love YOU!

I love you LOTS, 
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment