Sunday, March 31, 2013

30 weeks...and EASTER!

Dear Ellie-bean,

Well I mentioned that you were getting a little cough at the end of last week. Turned out to be your very first cold. Booo! So, unfortunately, 30 weeks was the week of the sickies.

Monday you were starting to show signs of not feeling well, so we stayed in and played most of the day. You took some awesome naps, but still fought an icky cough, which I didn't like at all. For the most part, though, you were in a fairly good mood. I think I was more worn out from the weekend than you were! That evening you had some time with your Daddy while I went to the gym. I know that there are times when I have to be away from you, and you are a big girl and are just fine with that, but I have got to tell you, I pretty much HATE it when I am not there to put you to bed. I miss you so very much. Our bedtime nursing and rocking and cuddling is so special to me, love. When I miss it, it makes it hard for me to go to bed. Of course THAT is the night that you chose to sleep REALLY good, and so I had to wait until very early morning to get to feed and snuggle you. I'm glad you got sleep, but I wanted snuggles.

Tuesday was a rough day. You went with us to the memorial service for Bridgette's mom. I was very glad that you brought a smile to a lot of people's face in such a difficult time. Being there made me really proud too, that you have a bunch of awesome, strong, loving role models in your life. If you turn out to be as strong and as caring and as thoughtful as a lot of your Aunties and Uncles there, I will be one very happy momma! After that, we had lunch with Lori and the girls, and then went back home for more love and cuddles.

Wednesday was then the cold really took over. You were a mess! Coughing, mucus-y, runny nose, the works! And you were a clingy mess! You wanted to nurse every hour or so, and did NOT want to be set down. Of course, I just wanted my little princess to be better! So we spent the day nursing, and napping, and trying to get you feeling better. Grandma did bring over some new teething necklaces, which I hope helped you feel at least a little better. Because you were not doing so well, we stayed home from the gym. You also had a rough overnight, waking up every couple hours wanting to nurse. Poor Daddy too! He was trying so hard to take care of both of us! He wanted to help you feel better by rocking you to sleep and give me a break, but you would have none of it. You wanted your Mommy! I didn't mind. I was so worried about you, I couldn't have slept much anyways.

Thursday you were feeling a little better. You were more smiley and I got a couple of good coos out of you, so we decided to get out of the house and walk around the mall a little with Grandma. Good thing because we were both getting a little stir-crazy! Oh, and I got a cool new trick from talking to your doctor about your cold...corn syrup works to break up mucus and ickiness. It worked really well for you, well except that you would then spit up mucus, my poor little bean.

Friday we did the normal routine of going to Grandma's house so I could work out. Grandpa was home too for Good Friday, so you got LOTS of attention. Not like you ever do that. The bad news is that for some reason you DID NOT want to nap and really kept me on my toes. Oy. You were fairly happy as long as I did NOT try to make you take a nap. Your tired little eyes played just fine all afternoon. Oh, and you are getting way too good at this standing stuff. You are standing all by yourself holding onto your walker. Slow down, little one! Daddy got home and we went to Good Friday service which was also....uh...fun. Don't get me wrong, the service was PHENOMENAL. But it started at 7pm. For a girl that starts her bedtime routine at 7:30. And hasn't napped all day. Luckily, Daddy was able to keep you semi-entertained.

Saturday we went to Aunt Stephanie's Grandpa's 80th birthday party. Daddy was taking pictures there and we expected it to be just a fun party, but it was one of those time where we are, again, reminded of how special you are. Joe, the guest of honor, walked in to the party and immediately wanted to know where you were. He hadn't met you yet and bypassed all his other friends and family in order to do that. Daddy and I know that you are special, my little baby bean, but it just boggles my mind sometimes that other people, beyond immediate family, can see that too. There is just something about you, and experiences like this are humbling for us. We are so lucky to have you in our lives.

After the party, the weather was BEAUTIFUL so we decided to make a run to Michigan City. For once you didn't get anything (oh no, call Grandma...Ellie abuse!) but Daddy and I got some great deals on clothes. Daddy even got some clothes to match your outfits. Now he can't make fun of ME for coordinating with a 7 month old, since he is doing it too!

Speaking of which...7 months old? Yeah, let's not go there. I still have a couple more hours as I am writing this...

Sunday was your very first EASTER! You and Truff were up early and found your Easter baskets. You got sippy cups, and a blanket, and a cloth book, and some sensory eggs and a dino popper. Okay, so we figured the Dino popper was probably going to be a joint toy for you and your brother. We were right. You are both mesmerized by it. That is a giant SCORE for Mommy and Daddy.



 Then it was off to church where we saw Grandma and Grandpa Zaher and Uncle Jon. You were fighting a nap and kind of fussy, but you LOVED the confetti cannons they had at church. I love that you will grow up in such a crazy and passionate church that gets so excited about what happens on Easter that they do silly things like bring out the noisemakers and confetti! Then it was off to brunch with Grandma and Grandpa. You tried LOTS of new foods at brunch, and say in a big girl high chair for the first time! Ham, french toast, melon...you were loving the variety and actually ate a lot! It still amazes me to see how well you can feed yourself and what an awesome little eater you are! We went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house to see the cool stuff they had gotten you for Easter and then headed home for a much needed nap. Then it was off to see Grandma and Grandpa Mason and Aunt Robin. They hadn't seen you in awhile, and were amazed by how big you got. You are definitely bigger, but you are still a teeny bean. Your Easter dress is still size 0-3 months! But you were amazing and very tolerant of being passed around once again. Then finally we got to come home and go for a walk with the four of us! I love walks with my favorite people. They are the best.


So, one more "first" down. But instead of being sad, it has made me so excited for your second...and third...and every Easter after that. In some ways I hate seeing you grow, but it is also the most amazing thing in the world. Like your Daddy said this afternoon, you are such a cool little person. And that is so incredibly true. I love spending time with you. You are funny, and sweet and smart, and just...perfect. Seriously. I am so lucky that I get to be your Mommy, even when you are sick, or clingy, or an overtired mess. Even in your worst I would still rather be with you than anyone else. I love you, Baby Bean. Happy Easter!

I love you so much,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment