Sunday, June 2, 2013

39 weeks

Dear Ellie,

I cannot believe that you have now been an outside baby as long as you were an inside baby! How crazy is that? At 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant with you, I had already been induced, you were not cooperating in the least, and labor stunk. I am happy that today, at 39 weeks and 1 day OLD, I had a much more enjoyable time with you!

So, what did we do this week? Well, Monday was Memorial Day, so Daddy got to hang out with us again! Yay! The only bad news was that we planned to go to the parade with Lilly and her family, but got rained out. You tried your hardest to tell the rain to go away, but alas, it does not listen to your bossiness like Daddy and I do.


Yeah, speaking of that picture...standing. You are CRAZY these days with your standing and with walking all over holding onto hands. You do NOT want to sit or lay down. And you are constantly getting mad that you can't stand completely on your own yet. You try to push us away. Silly bean. You will take a step or two on your own to get somewhere, but you haven't figured it all out. Thank goodness. When you do, Daddy and I are in TROUBLE.

Then it was errands and to the gym. You were pretty crabby at the gym. I think that it had something to do with your entire schedule being thrown off. Don't get me wrong, I love holiday, but it does make it a bit harder to stay "on track."

Tuesday we went on a little road trip to Benton Harbor. I had to pick some stuff up from Target up there, so you and Grandma came along and we did a little shopping. Okay, so mostly you. But what's new there? You didn't really nap too well, which goes with my theory about being thrown off by the holiday. 

Wednesday you took a much better nap for me, so we decided to hit the zoo! Wooohooo!


I wore you in the Beco and it worked MUCH better than having you fight being in the stroller, and I could talk to you more about the animals! It was SO funny though, we were looking at the first animal, the tiger, and heard our names being yelled from over by the pond. Edwardsburg schools were there and so a bunch of our friends were there. Jack was there too. A-hem...I keep telling you NO BOYS but I think you have other plans. You talk to him, and reach for him. Trouble, Ellie, you are trouble. 

We enjoyed our afternoon a lot, though. Well except for the lions. They roared pretty loud when we were there before, and although you didn't cry, I think you were slightly scared. Well, you must have gotten Daddy's memory, because when you saw the lion walking toward you, the bottom lip went out, you grabbed my shirt, and started with the waterworks! Luckily a quick detour to the fish made it all better. The kangaroo exhibit is open now too, and you REALLY enjoyed that. Probably because half the time you are jumping and bouncing all over like a little kangaroo!

Thursday was a nice day, so I mentioned that if you took a good nap, we'd go to the park. You were pretty darn excited about that idea I think!


So, we got to go to the park, and swing on the swing set. You still love that. The higher and faster the better. 


You are also getting to be such a pro at pulling up. You try to pull up on everything imaginable. You can pop right up in your crib without a problem, now. You can even now pull up while holding a toy. Eeek. 

That evening, we took a walk down to Craig and Ellie's. They sure LOVE visits with you. You showed off nicely for them, giggling, and clapping, and waving, and showing off your walking skills. Even though it was a little past your bed time, there were people to entertain, and you were sure going to entertain them!

Friday, with the long weekend ahead of us, and not feeling the greatest, I decided we were not going to the Y. Instead, we stayed in our jammies, watched a little Beauty and the Beast, and snuggled. 


Oh, and we got things together for the weekend. But I think we spent a little too much time snuggling and playing and not enough getting stuff done, because we were running a bit behind.

Maybe I can blame running behind on the mess you made Friday! You are an eating monster these days. Seriously, you eat so much! One night this week, you chowed down HALF of my chicken breast. You've started eating oatmeal with me for breakfast, which you are loving! And it is still all about the cheese! I don't think you are amused with me taking messy face pictures. 


Saturday we had a competition at Bethel. We certainly like it being closer, although you didn't sleep to well before, so it was a very short night for me, and I was pretty tired! The Ellie snuggles are worth it, though. Once you got to the competition, though, you were great, as usual. And you had fun with Grandma and Grandpa walking around campus, chasing squirrels. You even found a crane to watch. I don't think he was a cute as new little Ichabod that we see at the zoo, but a fun day none the less. 

That brings us to today. As usual, church this morning, then to the gym. At church you had fun playing with 7 month old Ella. You were talking up a storm to her, and pointing and waving. She thought you were very funny. You freaked Ella's Daddy out, though, because you are smaller than her and you were standing and jumping and such, and she's not even sitting. I had to explain that you're a little peanut and are actually older than you look!

It had been a crazy, crazy week, little one. And this upcoming week will likely be even crazier. But regardless, any day is amazing when I get to spend it with you. All your cuddles, and smiles, and now that you know how to give kisses (I LOVE that you know that now!!!) just make me the happiest Mommy in all the world. 

I love you so much, Ellie-bean!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment