Friday, October 10, 2014

36 weeks

 Dear Baby Squish,

You've been part of this crazy, crazy family for 35 weeks. Can you believe it? I can't!

I feel like this week brought BIG changes. You are seeming less and less "infant-y" every day, if that makes sense. You are interacting so much more and playing, and it is amazing to see how well you fit in with the rest of this crazy family!

So what did this week bring?

Saturday, we stayed close to home to try to recouperate from a very bust weekend last weekend. Truth be told, that suitcases are still sitting in the hallway. Such is life with two little ones!

You gave us some...er...excitement. Yup, we had to drop your crib down. You pulled up in it and stood there, smiling at me in the camera. Yikes! I thought I still had some time on that one! Your sister wasn't do that for another month. Those differences are so funny. You are definitely a bit head of her in gross motor skills, but a bit behind in fine motor skills. I love to see how unique you are, my Squish!

We did do some baking, which was pretty fun! Your sister had a great time..."helping"...

I can only imagine the help I will get when there are two of you!



You two also had bubble bath time. You guys just love taking baths together. And, of course, I love seeing you two just giggle your behinds off together. Ellie blow bubbles at you, which you just find the absolute funniest thing ever!


Sunday was the usual church/gym combo. I miss you guys so much on Sundays. They are tough. But I do love that you guys have bonding time with Dad. And that he plays lots and lots and lots with you two.


Monday was our day to get back in our groove. Like usual, we spent a lot of time outside getting some energy burned out of the two of you.


You were kind of a stinker and fought naps, so we got to hang out a bit when your sister was down. You LOVE to be standing these days and are doing so well. You are even letting go. I fear that you may walk early. I am NOT ready for that.


Tuesday we ran a couple errands. You both did awesome. You are just such a content little one. Your sister, even though she's clearly in the midst of those lovely terrible twos, also did really awesome. I was a very lucky Mommy!



Speaking of interacting, you are now throwing balls for Truff too. Not sure exactly how he feels about that, but I am proud of you!


We also enjoyed some more time playing with milk week pods. That keeps both of you entertained on walks so well. You think those pieces of fluff flying around are the most hysterical thing ever.



Wednesday I went to work out, and then we came back home to catch naps before Ellie and I took off for swimming lessons. On days that we are out of the house, things are quite challenging. You really need two naps still, but you don't want to go down in the morning if we aren't at home, and then you turn into a mess later on. Poor baby girl. Hopefully we'll get this soon.

You didn't sleep well at all that night. I think part of it was a cold, but you were up from 12:30-3:30. Yikes. That was brutal on me. And I know you had to be tired. But you were raring to go, so I drug myself to the gym and you hung out with Grandma. 


After much needed naps, we headed outside and played with leaves. I can't believe how brisk the air is already. I am not ready for this cold. You and Ellie had a great time, though. Ellie was matching leaves with her cards, and you were crinkling them in your fingers. I think you only ate a a few.




Thursday night was a little crazy too. You did NOT want to go down. Finally at 11 you finally zonked out. Oy.

Friday night we enjoyed our family time again, and went swimming when Daddy got home. You LOVE the water. You are so content floating around on your back. I just love my little water babies.

So although this week posed some challenges with sleep (sick? wonder week? teething? just babies being babies? who knows!) I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love to see how excited you get over seeing new things and how funny you find your sister and Truff. That is the best. And although I miss my sleep, 3am baby snuggles, when we are the only ones up, are somewhat special. I keep reminding myself to soak in every one of these little moments. They just go by so incredibly fast.

I love you, Scarlett!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment