Saturday, October 20, 2012

7 weeks

Dear little Ellie-bean,

Every week when I write these letters I get a little teary-eyed, thinking of how fast time is going and how fast you are growing up. It still feels like yesterday that we were waiting in the hospital right now for your first visitors. And yet, I am more in love with you than I was on your birthday. You are such an amazing, special little girl and I am the luckiest person in the world that I get to wake up to your smiles and coos every single day. I love, love, LOVE being your mom.



This week, I wasn't feeling very well, so we laid low for the most part. We did spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Zaher AND Aunt Lori. But, I didn't take you to the gym, so you missed cuddling with some of your favorite people there.

You are getting much easier for me to calm down! You have been taking good naps for me, mostly in your bouncy seat or swing, especially now that I feel like I'm learning your "cues" and what you like and don't like. So I appreciate not having to fight you on naps. That is nice! You love yelling at those birds in your swing and bouncer too. Unfortunately, they don't listen too well!


One thing I learned that is very important is to spend some time each day, just me and you, cuddling up a storm. In the middle of this week, I had gotten so pre-occupied with catching up on housework and emails and such, that I didn't spend as much time cuddling with you as I should, and it made me very frustrated with some of your neediness, when I know that all you really wanted was some time snuggling with Mommy. I promise to never, ever forgo cuddle time with you again. Everything else can certainly wait.

You are an amazing little girl, Ellie, and I think you get cuter and cuter every day. Your big smile when you see me or I pick you up just melts my heart. Happy 7 week birthday, princess!

I love you, Ellie-bean!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment