Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Little successes

Like any Mommy, when Ellie is upset, I am upset. And when nothing I do helps calm her, that is the worst. So I think it is important to pay attention to the little successes along the way.

- I currently have 68.5 Oz of breastmilk frozen. I am breathing a huge sigh of relief having that buffer.
- I am not only in my pre-pregnancy clothes, I had to go out and buy new jeans last night. My old ones were too big.
- Ellie is growing like crazy. We're going to get weighed tomorrow.

That's all I've got for now. I'm definitely hoping to add more soon!

UPDATE 10/5:

I've just got to add...yesterday was a SuperMom Day. Seriously. Ellie and I went to the bank, post office, farmer's market and breastfeeding support group, all with minimal fussiness. That, in itself is a HUGE success, and a HUGE confidence booster for me being able to take her out by myself.

We got her weighed...8lbs 1oz! Way to go little baby bird! They weighed her twice to make sure, but were very impressed with such an awesome weight gain.

Oh, and most importantly, I'm getting to the point where I feel like I can soothe her pretty effectively when she gets fussy. I know it won't be perfect, but it is a LOT better. And I have to admit, I love being the person she wants when she is upset, and not just because I have her food!

No comments:

Post a Comment