Monday, October 1, 2012

One month later...

It has been a month since Miss Ellorie joined us. I looked at Ryan yesterday, as he just got back in from taking Truff for his morning walk, and I was changing Ellie before we left for church and asked him what in the world we did with all our time before we had a puppy and a baby! I have no idea...but I love our crazy, hectic, noisy life.

In honor of the little one's one-month birthday, I've decided to make a list of things that I wish I could tell my one-month-ago self. Hopefully I can re-read this when/if we are blessed with kiddo number 2.

- Recovery from the C-section is easy-peasy. But don't be afraid to take pain meds if things start hurting.

- I do not need to have a panic attack about breastfeeding. My supply is fine. I do not need to spend hours googling different herbal remedies to help this.

- Breastfeeding is the best thing ever. I'm down about 17 pounds below my original weight. And I eat like a crazy person. Woot!

- Don't underestimate the importance of sleep. Ellie has always been an awesome sleeper, but the rare times she wasn't, going to bed at 8pm and letting Daddy take care of her for a couple hours was a lifesaver.

- Having my "rainbow baby" in my arms does not make the pain of the past sting any less, but it does make the struggle worth it.

- Having my "rainbow baby" in my arms makes me even more excited for others to have their "rainbow baby"

- It is okay to spend the first month doing nothing but staring at her in disbelief.

- I like other people better because of the way they love her.

- Ryan and I make a REALLY good team.

- Getting out for coffee/lunch/shopping/errands, etc. is a lifesaver! Planning these things is a must.

- Don't plan too much that every day is scheduled with stuff. Lazy days spend snuggling in jammies are needed too.

- Don't stress so much about not knowing what to do. The "mommy instinct" thing is real.

- Being a mommy is the best thing ever. Seriously. That is not just a cliche.

Happy One-month Birthday, Ellie-bean!


No comments:

Post a Comment