Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow Day!

Well, here I am, worrying about everything getting done with Miss S's nursery, when Mother Nature decideds to give me a bit of a helping hand.

That's right, we got clobbered with a bad snow storm Sunday, which meant no gym time on Sunday, and then even Ryan's work got cancelled on Monday so we had two full days around the house to play, have fun, keep warm, and get some stuff done too!

Sunday, Daddy was able to finish up the painting after church, while I attempted to keep the two little "helpers" from getting purple-ified.


I am so, so happy with the way it turned out! And SO relieved to have the painting in their done!


Monday the progress continued. We got the carpet all cleaned and the closet organizer in. So now it is ready for all the prep work to start. Crazy! Ryan will be starting to put together furniture now. I'm hoping he can knock out about a piece a night. Crossing my fingers!

Ellie had quite the fun day too. We played with play doh a LOT. She loves the set we got, and does her deep belly laugh when i squeeze it through the machine to make "spaghetti"



And, we had to do a couple fun snow day activities, like color mixing with snowcones and snow ice cream. Ellie LOVED mixing the colors (and eating the snow). I forget that she's never had juice, so that is kind of the closest she's gotten. Either way, that activity was GOLDEN...it bought me an hour of happy, entertained baby (plus a happy baby during bath time after). 


I must admit, I'm sad that we don't get another snow day (especially since I got to sleep in too...thanks honey!). I could get used to this!


No comments:

Post a Comment