Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014, my beautiful girl, and 35 weeks


Well, now that Christmas is over, things are at least a bit back to normal. We couldn't resist taking some Christmas pics of our gorgeous girl. Sigh. If her sister is even half as gorgeous as she is, we are really in trouble. 


She is so much fun. I can't believe how much she grows and changes every single day. And I know I'm always saying this, but her vocabulary is just out of control. She's now added 'shoes' and 'socks'. And since girl is obsessed with shoes that is probably a good thing. Even moreso now that she has light up princess shoes. Goodness, I have got to get a video of this child in those shoes. She is obsessed with them. Like, walking into walls because she is too busy watching her feet, obsessed. She sure thinks she is hot stuff.

Edited to add: Got it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgb_K97Mg1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

 She's been able to point to most of her body parts for awhile, but now she's starting to say the names too. 'Nose' is of course the favorite!

She's also a climbing monster. I still have the double stroller sitting in the living room, and she loves crawling up in it and reading a book. Thank goodness she has now learned how to get down safely.


She's still having a blast playing with all her new Christmas toys. She can identify most of her zoo animals now. And she has to take rides around the living room nightly with Daddy in both the cobra and the bike. 

We did have a very low-key New Year's. In fact, none of us made it to midnight to watch the ball drop! BUT, we did enjoy some good family time and played a lot. Oh, and Ellie had her first fondue experience. We weren't sure how that would go since she doesn't really do well waiting for food, but she did awesome. Of course, she loved the sauces more than anything. She got to have ranch and ginger sauce together in one meal which makes my girl very happy. 

In all, I've just been trying to take extra time and cuddle with her. I can't believe in less than a month she's going to be a big sister, and I'm deathly afraid that will change our bond in a negative way. I know, I know, all my friends that are moms of 2+ have already talked sense into me, but it is still hard knowing that I'm not going to be able to dedicate myself 100 percent to this little girl. Sigh. 

Okay, onto other updates...

An update on my latest Dr.appointment:

I started my weekly appointments this week. I cannot believe that I am far along for that nonsense. But, I was a bit concerned since my blood pressure was a bit high last appointment. Luckily, at this week's appointment it was better. No problems, everything is still on track. I did get yelled at for not having an up-to-date titer done. Whoops. I had one done in November, but forgot in December with everything going on. So after the appointment, I went over to have that done. Better late than never.

Okay, now the regular S update:

How far along:  35 weeks. Only 29 days until we meet our next little princess. 
How big is baby: The size of a honeydew melon. 18 inches and 5.25 pounds.
What I've done to prep for baby: Oh, oh, oh, I have something to add here, actually. Woot! The wall color inn S's room is DONE. Ryan is working on sanding the trim, and then we'll be getting that painted. Then, it is just a matter of doing the stripe and painting will be done. I am itching to get the closet done because I really want to start organizing. I am feeling all nest-y. Speaking of nest-y, yeah, I am also into packing for the hospital. Or, more precisely, I am packing for Ellie when I am at the hospital. Me, whatever, but I am having panic attacks that she won't have everything she needs. It is silly, I didn't bother packing for the hospital last time until I had a check-in time. But now? No, I am psycho about this. 

This packing mania HAS highlighted a few things I still need to get though. For example, today I got some slippers for $4 on clearance at Target. Score! Even if I want to trash them after the hospital...no guilt there. I am still looking for fuzzy socks with grippers that I can wear in the hospital, as I might not want to be getting slippers on every single time I go to the bathroom or something when I'm there. Those are ridiculously hard to find, strangely enough. 

So basically there is still a lot to do, but at least we are making some progress. 

Best moment of the week: Getting a 'real' start on the nursery!
Food cravings: Eh, nothing really. Or at least nothing new. Citrus is still good. And cheese. No idea where Ellie gets her cheese obsession these days.
Symptoms: Nothing new here. Sleep still stinks, and I am up a bunch. I am getting into the "shortness of breath" time. I forgot how fun it is to feel like you've run a miles when you are sitting down. 
Movement: Lots! I got a bit scolded a couple weeks ago by the doctor for not doing formal kick counts, so I started doing them and so far she has made her 10 kicks in no more than 6 minutes. Crazy girl!
What I’m looking forward to: Getting the nursery done soon. 
Next appt: Next Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment