Friday, April 11, 2014

10 weeks

Dear Baby Scarlett,

It is double digits for you this week, baby girl! You are getting so big, I can hardly stand it. And you are so much more interactive now. You LOVE playing on the kick-n-play mat and you talk up a storm too. I love that I can start to see your adorable little personality.


So, what happened this week? Well, starting with last Friday night, you and I had a little 'snuggle-cation'. Sometimes I feel like I don't get to spend enough time with just you, so I am working on getting better about asking Daddy to take Ellie so we can go have some bonding time. So that is just what we did. Daddy and Ellie went to play and pick up dinner and you and I just went to lay around on the bed and snuggle and spend some much needed time together. I loved it, and I hope that we will be doing that kind of thing more often.

Friday night, though? You were a CRAB. First of all, you didn't want to GO to sleep. Then you woke up in the middle of the night. Yes, I feel like a brat for complaining about one wake up, but I am so used to getting a full night's sleep, that it threw me for a loop and made for very tired parents! I'm very lucky that Daddy happily takes the late-night shifts and I can take the early morning ones so we aren't complete zombies. 

Then, Saturday we met up with some friends for breakfast with the Easter Bunny. You did awesome your first time meeting the bunny and also had lots of snuggles for everyone there. 




The weather is starting to get nicer, so we are enjoying lots of walks too. You usually love being in the stroller and clonk out as soon as we start moving. 

Sunday we had the usual church-gym day. You actually came to the gym for the first time in quite awhile. Aunt Andrea LOVED snuggling you and you were asleep on her shoulder in no time. It was nice to have everyone back at the gym and things back to semi-normal. When we got home, though, all hell broke loose. Dad had to stop and grab that gallon of milk we had forgotten, so I had you and your overtired sister. Let's just say that Dad walked in the door to me nursing both of you just to keep my sanity!

Monday was low-key. You were back to sleeping like normal (thank GOODNESS) but we all needed some time to hang out and recuperate. We had a ot of fun playing, like usual. You are getting to be a rockstar at tummy time these days. You are NOT a fan f floor time, though. You'd much rather be sitting up in someone's lap. I keep joking that you are going to be sitting before you are rolling over because you have NO interest in being down flat at all. Oh, and your legs? I think I've said this before, but they are FREAKISHLY strong. You can stand on your own, just using us for balance. And you've been doing that for a couple weeks. What baby does that? Just my strong little one!


Tuesday we had a very busy day. Aunt Mandy came down to see you guys! You gave her some awesome cuddles and we all went out to lunch. You didn't sleep though lunch this time, but even when you woke up, you were content just sitting there, watching and taking everything in. 


Then, I had a meeting so you had to go to Grandma and Grandpa's. You were a sweet girl, but also showed them how you don't really like to wait for food. Since you don't get many bottles, you are definitely used to eating EXACTLY when you want to, and so you made warming up a bottle for you a little 'fun'. I am so glad both my girls are so patient!

Wednesday and Thursday were both days spent around the house, enjoying the amazing weather. It feels so good to get out of the house with you two! This winter has been so rough. It is funny, even just walking around the neighborhood puts us all in a much better mood. We've been getting stopped lots by neighbors who haven't met you yet. Many of them didn't even really realize you were here! Being holed up in the house this nasty winter has NOT been fun, and I am very glad it is coming to an end. 


 Oh, and one more thing. That Daddy of yours? A complete mushball for you. You two are so adorable together. He loves laying with you when you are playing. And he can calm you down almost instantly by touching your cheek. But my FAVORITE thing is to eavesdrop on you two when he is getting you ready for bed. Hearing him talking to you and making you laugh and coo when you are getting your baby massage is the sweetest thing. He takes such pride in doing the bedtime routine with both you and Ellie and it is just so stinking sweet. And then to see him praying with you as he walks you into the bedroom? That makes me all melty. You are one loved little girl, Miss Scarlett. We are so incredibly glad that you came to be part of our family, as crazy as it can often be! We love you so much and just couldn't imagine a better 10-week-old.

I love you!
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment