Friday, April 4, 2014

9 weeks

My little Smoosh,

You are 9 weeks old today! And I have got to tell you, I fall more and more in love with you every day. We have some Mommy and Scarlett time planned for tonight, and I am looking forward to that. I am trying to make a more conscious effort to spend dedicated time with you. You are so smiley and just love sitting up, face to face, and talking to me. You have a LOT to say. Between you and your sister, I think that Daddy and I will be lucky if we can even get a word in edgewise as you get a bit older!


This was a CRAZY busy week! Saturday morning we packed you and your sister up in the car and headed with Grandma and Grandpa to Wisconsin so you could meet some of your extended family. You did awesome in the car and gave your Great Grandma lots of sweet cuddles. You even did a good job tuning out your sister, who had a BLAST running around the house chasing after Maddy and Carter. I can only imagine the havoc you will wreak when can join in their shenanigans!

We really are lucky that you and Ellie are both so awesome in the car. You were happy to sleep most of the trip, and Ellie was happy to watch "Frozen" and "Beauty".

We got back late Sunday night and Monday morning came much too soon. I could have used a pajama day with you two, but that wasn't happening. We had your 2 month doctor's appointment, so we were up and at 'em early to drop Ellie off at Grandma's and then to get going. Like I wrote about in the other post, you are doing GREAT, but the shots were pretty rough on you. They were rough  on me too. This was the first doctor's appointment for either of you girls that Daddy had to miss, and I think I could have used his support! I was happy to cuddle you, but those little whimpers as you were sleeping were just daggers in my heart. You are normally so content that I hated to see you uncomfortable. Luckily, the weather was pretty nice, so we enjoyed some time outside that afternoon, and even took you kiddos to the park that night.

Tuesday the weather turned a bit cooler, and it was REALLY windy. None the less, I needed to get my booty moving, so I took you guys out for a run. Oh man, it was TOUGH running with that double stroller in the wind. In good news, though, both you kiddos didn't seem to mind. You were both zonked out by the time we got home. Funny girls!


Wednesday was more of the same. We went for a couple more walks and another run. I like being outside and apparently you do too, because it will usually calm you right down!

Thursday I had a doctor's appointment, so you guys hung out with Grandma in the morning. You showed her your funny new trick...going from SCREAMING to zonked out in about 2 seconds. You really are starting to fight sleep like that. I'm not sure why, you are such an adorable little sleepy princess.


It is hard to believe that I could possibly be so lucky to be the Mommy of the two most beautiful, funny, and smart girls on the planet. But you princesses are! I just love you so much. Those sweet cuddles of yours are the best and I am so lucky that I am the one who gets to steal kisses on those chubby little cheeks anytime I want.

I love you so much, Baby Scarlett!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment