Friday, April 25, 2014

12 weeks

Dear Baby Smoosh,

STOP it! Okay? Just STOP. Stop getting so big, so fast. I feel like we are on warp speed constantly. And I want you to stay little just a little bit longer.

So what happened this week? Well I already wrote about a lot of it in the Easter post. Your first Easter was just amazing!


You won't remember the seahorse you got (even though you love it!) or the books. Someday you'll be old enough to sleep with the pillow. But what I will always remember? That it really felt like our first Easter as a family. I've had some really rough Easters in the past, and I did love 2 years ago when it was Truff's first Easter. And last year when it was Ellie's first Easter. And I love that this was your first Easter, but even more than that, it felt like OUR first Easter as a family. That's probably very confusing to you, and I'm probably not the best at articulating that, but I hope at some point you get old enough to understand what I mean. 

You were the little charmer on Easter though. You did have both sets of Grandparents wrapped around that long finger! And even random old ladies at brunch were cooing over you. My FAVORITE thing right now is how you get so excited and smiley when someone talks to you and you "talk" back. It is so sweet. 



Monday we stayed around the house to recoup from the hectic weekend. Good plan...until your sister decided not to nap. Oy. That was rough on everyone. Luckily, you, Miss Low Maintenance, helped out by being a good napper. 

Can we pause and talk about your awesome sleep? *Whisper* 12 hours. In a row. At night. *End Whisper* I LOVE it. 

Tuesday we needed out of the house after the catastrophe that was Monday, so we hit the mall. 


You were a rockstar, as usual. And your sister burned off sufficient energy so that she napped! Yay! Happy Mommy!

Tuesday night was bath night for all three of you kiddos. Daddy was awesome at that. The good news is that you are LOVING bath time now. You were smiling and shrieking and giggling up a storm for him. He loved that, and you two played in the tub for a long time!


You know what else you and Daddy do at night when I am trying to get some stuff done? You guys play with Truff. You are getting a big kick out of his fur and even reach for it sometimes. I am not sure that he is fond of that, but he is fond of you and will come over and curl up by you on the floor. 


Wednesday is gym day like always. It was funny, because when we were done, I was going to let your sister go and play, and so I told Daddy to go out and get you. He came back in the gym empty handed. Turns out Aunt Andrea wasn't giving you up until we absolutely made her. You love curling up with her, sweet little Squish, and she loves cuddling with you. I'm telling you, she's magic...all three of you kiddos just adore her!


Thursday you got to go to Grandma's for a bit. You still love watching the fan! It is your favorite. In that way you are getting more and more like your sister. You definitely are less schedule-oriented and more adaptable than she was. By this point she was on a 3-nap a day schedule and if we messed with that, there would be issues. You relly do go with the flow and most of the time will fall asleep without much drama hen you're tired. A little yell here and there, but nothing too bad. 



Smoosh, one of my favorite things about writing these letters is looking back at pics from the week. You know what strikes me? That smile. You are so smiley and happy. I hope that is a personality trait that sticks with you throughout your life, baby girl. I know that I spend a whole lot more time with a smile on my face now that you are part of our family too! 

I love you, Baby Scarlett!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment