Thursday, August 9, 2012

36 weeks

Can't believe that I'm 36 weeks already. In my pregnancy app today, a little button appeared magically saying "Click here is baby has arrived." Whoa...now if that wasn't a big kick in the pants! Next week I'll be considered "full term." And let me tell you, while I'm happy that E is still in there, doing well and cooking away, I'm sooo ready to meet her. When I hit 37 weeks, I will be pulling out all the wives' tales to encourage this little girl to get moving!


How far along: 36 weeks! 28 days until my due date, which means she'll likely be here in 21 or less. I get all teary-eyed just thinking about it.
How big is baby: The size of a crenshaw melon. 18.5 inches and 6 pounds! Considering she was measuring 5 pounds 10 ounces on Monday, that's probably about right. I'm excited she's measuring right on track. 
What I've done to prep for baby: The nursery is almost done. We did the crib and decal this weekend, and it was incredibly emotional for me. 

I really just sat there and stared in disbelief, thinking back over all the times when I wasn't sure that I'd get to actually see this. 

I've been working at putting clothes away and just generally organizing the room too. Pretty much everything is washed and put away, and I've been picking up a few things here and there to fill in the gaps of what we need to get ready for her arrival. 
Best moment of the week: This one had Ryan and I BOTH in tears! This weekend, I decided I should put on a youtube video of a baby crying so Truff can "get used" to it. So Truff and Ryan were down on the floor playing, and I turn on the video. Immediately Truff stopped playing around, and  jumped up on the couch next to me, wanting to know exactly where that sound was coming from and how to "fix" it. He is going to be SUCH a good big brother!!!
Food cravings: The Papa Murphy's people now know us. Interestingly enough, though, my numbers are getting better after meals, and I don't have to watch what I eat nearly as much. Meals that would have spiked me two weeks ago are not giving me great readings. Of course, I freaked out about this at first, but the doctor reassured me that I should just enjoy it and up my carb intake a bit. Well, it is doctor's orders...
Symptoms: I still have the rash, despite getting meds for it. And the itching is killing me. I want to tear off all my skin. Other than that, I am starting to feel like a mallot has been taken to certain...ahem...parts of my body. Ouch.
Movement: She's still moving around, but I can tell she's cramped. She pushes up on my diaphram a lot, which is such a weird sensation. I feel like I'm going to pass out! And I hate that the constant itching is amking it harder for me to concentrate on feeling her. 
What I’m looking forward to: A mini-vaca to a friends' house this weekend, Hopefully getting some itch relief. Putting the final touches on the nursery. And of course, being one day closer to meeting my baby girl! 
Next appt: NST on Monday (ick)...but I got away with only ONE appointment this week...SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment