Thursday, August 16, 2012

Full Term! 37 weeks.

One more week down, and I am SO happy to report, another GREAT appointment. I'm really weirded out by the fact that I have now had two good appointments in a row. Especially since this last one was an NST and we all know how much I HATE NSTs. But, E cooperated this time, and we were able to get me in a comfy position and her heartbeat on the monitor with no big problems at all. She rocked it out, and with no drama, I was out of there pretty quick. So, on to the fun stuff:


How far along: 37 weeks...which mean she is officially considered FULL TERM. Yes, I got tears in my eyes as I typed that. 21 days until my due date, which means she'll be here in 14 or less. Tears, again. 
How big is baby: The size of a small watermelon. 19.1 inches and 6.5 pounds! And yes, I feel every last ounce these days. These last couple weeks are definitely not for whimps!
What I've done to prep for baby: I am trying desperately to finish up nursery stuff. I need to get curtains done and the bedskirt done (yeah, we won't talk about why these aren't done yet. Grrrrr). Neither of those projects is easy to tackle with a puppy who has been attached to my hip as of late, and a 37 week belly. Sigh. I guess I'll be tackling them in baby steps! 

Best moment of the week: Monday night we were working on cleaning up the house and I went into E's room to put something away. We're trying to teach Truff that he can go in E's room, but that it is a calm place. He got a little too hyper, so Ryan and I laid down on the carpet with him to get him to settle down. It ended up with us both laying on the floor, in tears, with the pup laying against my belly and getting kicked by E, talking about the past year, from how much Truff has helped us get through the past year to how excited we are for Ellie to arrive. 
Food cravings: Same old, same old. I could live on Papa Murphy's pizza and mint chocolate chip ice cream. 
Symptoms: This rash...grrr. It is getting lots better in certain areas, but it is spreading all over. Which drives me batty. I still want to tear off all my skin. I'm also having a lot more heartburn/reflux.That has been super fun to deal with!
Movement: Still lots of movement. I'm really going to miss feeling all these belly jumps when I have an outside baby!
What I’m looking forward to: Shower #2 this weekend (yay!) and then going on a final shopping trip to get the things we need for E. 
Next appt: NST on Monday, but again, so far only one appointment this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment