Saturday, September 15, 2012

2 weeks!

Dear Ellie-bean,

It is still so hard to believe that you've been here for 2 whole weeks. What a whirlwind...but Daddy and I still couldn't be happier!

2 weeks ago right now we were waiting for visitors...and this past week you've had LOTS of visitors! You met your Aunt Mandy, both sets of grandparents have been over, you met Nana Terri, AND you met your great-grandpa! You are one popular little girl. I can't blame everyone for wanting to come see you!

I was away from you on Sunday for the longest time ever. Good thing Daddy took awesome care of you, but I didn't like it at all!

We had lots of firsts this week...first trip to church (you were SO good and slept through it all!), first trip to Target (of many more to come) and first outing with Mommy alone (to the breastfeeding support meeting). Speaking of which, feeding is going awesome. You are already up to your birth weight and hopefully you continue to pack it on. You are keeping me busy eating every hour to hour and a half during the day. But I don't mind at all, especially since you are a super-sleeper at night! You sleep from 11pm to 5am pretty consistently. Your Dad and I are SO thankful for this! We like our sleep.

Truffle is finally getting used to you too. He even tried to share his ball with you when you were in your bouncer yesterday. He set it in there, right at your feet. It was so sweet. He got a little frustrated when you didn't throw it for him though. I think he's excited about you getting big enough to play with him.

Every single morning, I still wake up and stare at you, just like I did two weeks ago. I still can't believe that I am lucky enough to be your Mommy. That really is the best thing ever! I could still just sit and stare at you all day, and I still tear up thinking about how incredibly blessed I am to have you here in my arms.

I love you SO much, Ellie-bean!
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment