Thursday, September 13, 2012

Unexpected Inspiration

Songs can seriously bring in LOTS of memories. Today E and I took our first trip "out" together, just the two of us, to a breastfeeding support group. The good news is that she is up to 6 pounds 6 ounces (yay! Past birth weight!). But what I wasn't expecting is the emotional rollercoaster when I simply got in the car. My playlist hasn't been on in awhile since I haven't been driving. When it started, songs came on that I spent all of last summer running to. Through the undeniably worst times in my life I listened to some of those on repeat. Hearing them today, after putting E in the back of the car, just made me emotional. Somewhat in a "full circle" kind of way, and some in a "why didn't I just have faith?" way.

Also, I found THE most perfect song for THE most perfect little girl today. Totally unexpected. Totally not a "baby" song. But I can't imagine that any other lyrics could better describe what E and I went through together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwtPOh3lxo

No comments:

Post a Comment