Sunday, December 9, 2012

14 plus 2

Dear Ellie,

Happy 14 week birthday, 2 days late! Whoops! I try so hard to write these letters on your birthday, but sometimes they just don't work out very well. Life gets crazy...especially with such a cute, yet demanding little princess!

So what happened this week? Well, last Saturday we got family pictures taken for Christmas. You did better than your newborn photos, but you still weren't the happiest. Dennis, who was taking the pictures got a kick out of our photography "trick" with you...turning on the hairdrier. It did save us from a meltdown, though, which was good!

Then we headed up to Ann Arbor for your first cheer competition. Well, at least your first as an "outside baby." I guess technically, this was number 12 for you! Grandma and Grandpa Zaher went with us to watch you while I was busy judging and Daddy was busy taking pictures. Grandpa was very proud that you spit up on the U of M floor. Being Pro-Leprechaun automatically means being Anti-Wolverine! I think you had fun hanging out with them, and I know they certainly had fun hanging out with you!

Monday we both were in full competition hangover mode, so we chilled at home. I tried to get some things done, but you just wanted Mommy snuggles. As much as it is frustrating to not be able to get things done, it is amazing to snuggle with you, my baby bird! There is simply nothing better than catching a quick nap being curled up with my princess. And considering you would only nap for a half an hour if you weren't on me, but over an hour and a half if you were, I think it is safe to assume that you like it too!


Tuesday and Wednesday were similar. Trying to prep for competition was a little crazy with you in the mix. Luckily Daddy was good about helping out in the evening so that I could get some stuff done. You are going to bed around 8:30 now, so we at least have a little time after bedtime to catch up on things. You definitely were a needy little princess, and gave me a run for my money sometimes. Even when I am so frustrated from your crabbiness, I still can just look at you and get overcome by how special you are and how incredibly much I love you!



Thursday we went to the mall. I was meeting someone there to get one of your Christmas presents (shhh...I'm not telling what it is!) and we spent some time walking around and looking at all the awesome decorations. You love, love, love lights!

Saturday was another LONG day...another competition in Grand Rapids. I only had to coach one team there so we got to hang out most of the day. You wore your adorable little NE outfit and cheered everyone on! Your "big sisters" spent a lot of time playing with you. They were making sure you knew that you couldn't date until you were 81. Works for me, baby bean! You met so many new people and were quite the hit of the day, just like normal.


Who needs to recuperate from such a busy day? Not the baby bean. Sunday was church, then breakfast with Santa, then the gym. You especially had fun seeing Santa again and telling him what was on your list. That is, if he could understand you through your fists. You are sucking on your hands like a mad woman these days. They are ALWAYS in your mouth!


That brings us to today. You are sleeping, but I had WAY too much coffee and am nowhere close to sleepy. I know I'll be tired tomorrow. Hopefully we can nap together. 

After 14 weeks of being your Mommy, I have to say that it is still the most awesome thing in the whole wide world. Every time I see you my heart just feels like it is going to explode with joy and gratitude. I hope you know how very loved you are, baby bean! There is just something about you that makes so many people just LOVE being around you. But NO ONE in the whole wide world loves being around you as much as I do. 

I love you, princess!
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment