Saturday, February 16, 2013

24 weeks!

Dear Baby Bean,

You are 24 weeks old today! You are growing so fast, I just can't stand it. Your Daddy and I have both had lots of moments where we look at you and you seem to grow right before our eyes. You are getting to be such a big girl...where did my baby bird go???

So, we left off last Saturday. We spent most of the day at home, cooking and having sing-a-longs. We did have to run out on a couple errands. You were a good girl, just chewing on your O-ring. You love chewing on that thing. In fact, you like it better than the actual teether we have attached to your car seat. Go figure!


Sunday was the usual...church, Daddy time, then to the gym. We did go and order your big girl highchair after church. AND we managed to squeak in a short photo shoot since we had your Valentine's dress on. You were not the most cooperative, but we did get one that is super cute. See?


Look how gorgeous you are, baby bean! I love this picture...it is my new favorite! I seem to have new favorite pics all the time, though. You are very photogenic, and Daddy does such an awesome job taking pictures of you, and I am so thankful for that. You are growing and changing so much that I love looking back on them. I've started making a book for your first year, and I cannot believe how much you'v changed! I love having all the pictures to remember, though. All the photo shoots are definitely worth it. 

Speaking of pictures, Monday Grandma and Grandpa Zaher got back from visiting everyone in Wisconsin, and brought back a cool picture; a painting by Aunt Jane! How cool is this? It is just amazing!


Tuesday we also got out a bit and walked around. We both get a little restless being cooped up all day. So, when we are feeling a bit stir-crazy, some Target or Mall time makes us much more sane. We got home, and you played with your new favorite toys:


Yup! You are OBSESSED with your toes. I cannot even keep socks on you these days...you rip them right off in order to play with your feet. Silly bean!

Wednesday was crazy! I went and worked out, so you spent some time with Grandma, and then later in the afternoon, I had a meeting, so you hung out with Aunt Lori. Whew! You were one tired girl after all that. But, look how much fun you had with Aunt Haileigh? You love her...but you are never ever ever allowed to talk to her about boys okay? 


Oh, and just in time for Valentine's Day you learned about kisses! When someone blows you a kiss, you think it is hysterical and giggle up a storm. But now you can make little kisses back. How cute are you, princess? Let me tell you...stinking adorable!!!


Did I say Valentine's Day? Yup, that was Thursday...your very first Valentine's Day! We had an awesome day together and we both got a treat...you took two naps on me. I love spending time just curling up with you. I'd love to nap with you, but I just can't. I still just want to stare at you, so it is too hard for me to sleep. I'll take the sweet cuddles with my Valentine though!

We also spent a lot of time playing with Truffle. We've started referring to you as "The Claw" since we think that Truffle is sufficiently scared of you coming near him, as you sure like to grab all that fur! He does make you giggle though, and the only way we can get you to practice your sitting up is if he is there for you to watch. Sometimes you get to be too much for him, though, and he hides under your blanket to get away from you!


We had lots of fun hanging out and having a low-key Valentine's Day as a family. I definitely have the best Valentines ever this year. You, Daddy and Truffle are all so sweet and keep my heart so full! I just love you so much, baby bean!

Friday you went over to Grandma's again, then we went to meet Daddy for lunch. We had a nice lunch, but the best part was Daddy getting to show you off to his co-workers again. You put on a SHOW! Giggles and smiles for all, and Daddy threw you all around, showing off all your tricks. You are a ham.

Oh, one more thing about the feet and your new obsession with ripping off your socks...it is driving Truffle crazy. You will rip off your sock and taunt him with it. He KNOWS he will get in trouble if he gets it, but you always put it soooo close. You are such a little stinker!


Today was a big day. First we took a trip over to West End Bakery. Those ladies LOVED you and we got some yummy treats. We had to forego cake for Daddy's birthday because of you, so we made up for it now! When we got home, your high chair had come, so we decided to try it out and give you some avocado. You loved it and did fairly well with handling it too, even though it was really slippery. Eating real food makes you seem so big, now, though little bean!


Even though you are growing up WAY too fast for my liking, I've got to say, I absolutely love every single day with you. You are such a special little girl, and you bring your Daddy and I SO much happiness, I really think one of these times my heart will just burst. You are so amazing and watching you learn and grow is the best. I love you so much, little one!

I love you, Ellie!
Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment