Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas and 34 week update!

We had an amazing Christmas this year. Ellie is SO fun. She is starting to "get" it more and more, and to see her face light up is just incredible. Definitely the best Christmas present I got this year was to see her make this face as she came around the corner into the living room and spotted all the goodies under the tree. I hope I can always make her face light up like that on Christmas morning!


She immediately found the Little People house that Santa had left. That was a hit! She didn't want to open her other presents because she was SO wrapped up in playing with this. 


When she finally did realize that there was more, she had a lot of fun tearing into the paper too, of course. 


Truff liked his stocking too, and enjoyed getting some new toys and extra treats.


Ellie's big gift from Ryan and I was a hit too. I must admit, I thought Ryan was a little crazy for staying up until 2am wrapping her new power wheels cobra, but she had a blast tearing into it. 


She can't reach the pedals (not even close!) but she had fun climbing in and out of the car all day and pushing the buttons to make revving and honking sounds. And now she has a cobra just like Daddy. And, I think it eases Ryan's mind a bit about living in an estrogen pit...there may be lots of XX chromosomes floating around, but he still gets his little racers! 


Both sets of Grandparents and Grandpa Neese came over in the afternoon, and the Bean got even more spoiled. I should have asked Santa to finish the downstairs playroom for Christmas! Bikes, and dolls, and doll beds, and Little People took over our living rooms completely. Finding spots for everything should be another fun challenge for the rest of the week. 

On a sad note, Christmas eve, Elfie had to leave us. Ellie and I are so sad about this. We had so much fun with her! She did make a special Rudolph breakfast for Ellie before she left, though. 


This year, it really was the little things that 'made' it for me, and so it will be pretty sad waiting until next year for those opportunities to come again. Elfie and putting money in the Salvation Army buckets were my two favorites I think. 

Baby S got spoiled for Christmas too. She's not even here and she got a blanket and picture frame from Grandma and a hat and ornament from her Aunt. Speaking of baby S, here is the update. 

How far along:  34 weeks. Only 36 days until we meet our next little princess. 
How big is baby: The size of a canteloupe. 17.7 inches and 5 pounds.
What I've done to prep for baby: Not much. Christmas made things a bit crazy. I am still hoping to get started painting her room this weekend. Crossing my fingers!
Best moment of the week: Christmas. In general. We are so blessed. 
Food cravings: No cravings this week really. I am feeling a bit more sick so eating has been tough. And eating WELL has been even tougher. 
Symptoms: Still not sleeping well, and S is still hanging out on my sciatic. It stinks because just sitting on the floor to play with E sometimes is so painful it will take my breath away. I have been pretty much attached to a heating pad these days, which does help a bit. and Ryan is awesome in that he tries to massage it when he can, and prevent me from doing really painful things. But, with a super active 16 month old, bending down to pick stuff up is a necessity, unfortunately. 
Movement: She's still crazy. We went to a movie last week, and she danced through the entire thing. 
What I’m looking forward to: As much as I love the holidays, I am thankful to return to 'normal'. There is so much to do before Princess 2 gets here, and I need to focus on that1
Next appt: OB appointment this afternoon. Should be interesting...considering I've pretty much eaten like CRAP the last week or so. Tis the season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment