Sunday, August 11, 2013

49 weeks

Dear Ellie,

You are 49 weeks old today, my little one! I cannot believe that in just a few short weeks you will be 1 whole year old! This year has gone SO fast!

This week we were busy as usual! On Sunday we went to church, came home for a nap, and then went up to see Grandma and Grandpa Mason. You weren't too sure about that as first, but then Grandma Mason started feeding you cantaloupe and suddenly she was your BFF. You are so predictable, my baby bean!


We got home, you napped, and then we tried to take your 11 month pictures (a little late, since we hadn't unpacked the car from vacation yet!) You were NOT cooperative AT ALL. We could not even set you down. Oy.

Monday we decided to get out of the house and go blueberry picking again. We had fun and got some more tasty berries. Yum! We tried pictures again that night. You cooperated a little better, at least when we bribed you with some yogurt bites! Your faces, though, Miss Ellie, just KILL me. I am downright SCARED for you to start talking more. I don't know if I want to know what is going through that pretty little head of yours.

Tuesday we decided to get you and your brother out of the house and go for a walk at the park. I think you both had a very good time! You were all about swinging and handing on the monkey bars like the little monkey girl you are!


Wednesday we met Aunt Stephanie for coffee, and like I said in the previous post, you entertained EVERYONE there. You are such a silly bean! You had a blast flirting with everyone, playing with my keys, and eating cheerios. When Daddy got home we went out to dinner and again, you were center stage. Such a little entertaining bean!

Thursday we had coffee with Aunt Demi and then you came home and took a good nap, so we hit the zoo that afternoon. The zoo was a big hit, as usual. The sea otters were the favorite this time, as they were wrestling around and pushing each other in the water, and you were just amazed watching them. Unfortunately, the lion roared again, and that scared you, little princess. You started shaking and crying. Lots of close cuddles made it better though!

Friday, oh Friday. The day that will live in infamy. I think this was our worst day in the 11 months you've been here. You woke up on the WRONG side of the crib, screaming ad crying for NO apparent reason, and continued to be a super crab ALL DAY. Nothing made you happy. I hate seeing you upset, and I hate it even more when there is nothing I can do to make you feel better. You were so upset most of the day that I couldn't even get a dose of tylenol down to see if that would help. I was SO happy to see Daddy when he came home. He took you and went grocery shopping and to pick up a pizza and apparently you were all smiles then. But holy night, he sure came home to a disaster, with both of us crying up a storm.

Saturday, though was much better. You let us sleep in a little, even, and then we made our way up to Aunt Janel's that afternoon for their neighborhood block party. You were quite the center of attention like normal, little bean. You played very nicely with Jaylee, who is only 2 months older than you. I think you were pretty jealous, though, because she could walk. You were really trying, but since we were on cement most of the time, I wouldn't let you be as daring as you wanted. You shared your puzzle with her, and the two of you were having a blast opening and closing all the little doors to find the magnets. Brad also dubbed you the coolest baby ever since you were trying to get all the beer cans. Not sure that I agree with the reasoning, but I agree with the conclusion. As usual, you had a lot of fun being the center of attention.

Today, we went to church, where you were again Miss Social, and walked right down the row to someone and started playing with them. Silly girl. Then we went out and you saw your friend Ella and played nicely with her too. After nap time, we went to the zoo (again...twice in one week!) with Daddy. You guys even found the peacocks that escaped their pen when it got damaged. You liked seeing them up close.


Now everyone else is catching a snooze. It is so much fun having family days like today. I love seeing you interact with your Daddy, and even with other people. You are such a cool little girl, so friendly and loving! I am SUCH a lucky Mommy to have YOU as my daughter. Even when we have bad days like Friday there still is NOWHERE I'd rather be with than with you. 

I love you, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment