Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ellie the entertainer

So today I was out with Ellie twice. Once, for a meeting in the cafe at Martin's and then out to dinner with Ryan. And what I can't get over is what I little entertainer Ellie is. I mean, we've been joking that with an engineer Daddy and a chemist Mommy, she is going to end up being a musician or something. I want to revise that. I think she's going to end up being a stand-up comedian. Or some sort of entertainer.



Both times, she WORKED the room. Seriously, over the course of an hour and a half, no less than a dozen people approached my table at Martin's to talk about her. And she was hamming it up. Waving, giggling, smiling, talking...this girl is something else. There was one old lady who was so completely enamored with her that she asked me to bring her back again tomorrow. Kinda stalkerish, but kinda cute too.

And then at dinner, same thing. She started fussing, an older couple walked in the room and she was all smiles and giggles. The gentleman even offered to take her, as he was a pediatrician. And then when we left, she shrieked to make sure everyone looked at her and gave a big two-handed wave 'bye' to everyone.

Really, this cannot be normal. My kid is such a ham. Never a dull moment with Miss Social Committee.


No comments:

Post a Comment