Monday, August 5, 2013

Catching up...46 weeks!

Dear Ellie-bean,

Whew...the last month or so has been a BLUR...so now I'm stuck trying to catch up! I guess we'll start with 46 weeks and go from there. The good news is that we have had SO much fun the last couple weeks that there is lots to write about!

So we left off on Sunday the 14th. As usual, we went to church and then to the gym later. Of course you managed to throw off our 'schedule' by not going down after your first wake up at about 6am. Which made you just LOVELY to deal with as church was getting out about 10:15. Luckily, with enough cheerios, you are fairly agreeable. You love walking up and down the rows too, so that keeps you entertained.

Monday we had some errands to run. I wanted to do a first pass through Target before our trip. We, of course, found something that you just HAD to have! Look how adorable your new little beach chair is, bean! You LOVE it.


You know what I don't love, though? You in shopping carts. You sit in them like a big girl with your cart cover, but are so tiny and such a little contortionist that you can stand up in them. Ugh! Talk about giving your Mommy a heart attack! I definitely need to brainstorm on how to keep your cute little behind in that seat!

Tuesday you hung out with Grandma a bit while I got my hair cut and colored. It was much needed as it has been SO hot and I've been tempted to just chop it all off. I don't pull of bald as well as you do, though, princess!

Wednesday you went with me to a doctor's appointment. I love being with you, but NEVER AGAIN! Oh my heavens, you were a touch on the difficult side. I can't blame you, we waited in the waiting area for over a half hour, which was a long time for both of us. 

Things were semi-under control until I had to have a breast examine and you got one peak and nose-dived for the boob. You kind of have a one-track mind some days, little one. At least you are cute, even when you are melting down!


Thursday was another day full of errands. We are having lots of those with the impending trip! We did get a chance to meet Grandma for lunch, and then you got lugged around with me. You are so tolerant of my chaos sometimes!

But the bad thing about naps is that you often fall asleep in the car and that is the only nap I get out of you at that point. Grrr. And then without naps, the night time is a bit fun. Unless, of course, you surrender to a snooze on a walk with your brother. 


Friday I was still going batty trying to get things under control for vacation. You sure do take a lot more planning, bean. And you need so much STUFF. Okay, maybe you don't NEED it, but I feel like I at least need to have it. My packing lists are out of control this time around. 

Saturday you got to hang out with Daddy as I ran a couple errands by myself. I missed you, but you and Dad had a really good time together. You sure do adore your Daddy. You just shriek and jump when he gets home from work every day. I know he loves that!

After I got home, we got to hang out while Daddy finished up working on the car. It was super hot, so we spent some time on your splash pad. That certainly made you happy (as long as it wasn't on too high). 

So, that was week number 46, little one. Crazy and hectic, but SO so fun to have you around, as usual. Even though you often make things more difficult, you also make things much more fun. In the midst o all my chaos, that gummy grin just makes me stop, smile back, and think about how lucky I am so have such an awesome daughter. I love you, baby bean!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment