Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day...part 2

So most people who know me know I pretty much hate Mother's Day. I'm trying to change that. Really, I am. It is only working marginally.

After a pretty bad Mother's Day last year, we decided to try to do something a little different this year. Sundays are SO busy for us, that they don't really work to 'celebrate'. So, we took the next weekend and made Saturday our Mother's Day. That was MUCH better.

We stuck around home in the morning. Ryan tried to let me sleep in, but the big princess got her leg caught in the crib slats (AGAIN....arg!) and was losing it until she had Mommy snuggles. I've got to say, those are better than sleep anyways.

Then Ryan made yummy omelettes for breakfast. We had breakfast, then Ryan took the 2 oldest kiddos on a walk while I got some stuff done and fed the little princess. We ha some play time, then naps, and then we set out for St. Joe.

It was chilly, but that didn't stop us from having a blast! Ellie got to play a bit on the playground. She also road on the carousel for the first time. She was fine at first, but as the carousel sped it (it goes pretty fast!) it was too much with that and the up and down motion, so I ended up holding her for the rest of the ride.


 Ryan took her on it too and she did better on a stationary horse. She was even waving then!


We went to dinner at Silver Beach Pizza (YUM) an ate entirely too much pizza.

Then we set out to take some pics on the beach. Ryan especially wanted to get some of Scarlett and I, as he wanted one to put in the new frame he got me. Well, he did one heck of a job. The impromptu photo shoot produced a ton of good pics. Wanna see?
 


















Overall, we had an awesome day. I love spending time with Ryan and my favorite girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment