Thursday, July 19, 2012

33 weeks!

Ho. Lee. Crap. Really? 33?

Today did not start out in a celebratory manner, however. I was in a LOT of pain last night and this morning on one side of my lower back. So, I went in to get checked out. Turns out, it is just a nerve. No big deal. But another joy that I get to tolerate.

I did, however, almost come unglued at the nurse on the phone when I was setting up the appointment. She asked how far along I was, and I told her. She made a big deal that she couldn't believe I was that far along already (ooooookay...) and she "remembered when I was just in the trying phase." Ya don't say? Like the years I flat out told people about the incompetence in that office, as you guys couldn't even do simple things like call me back with lab results? Moving on, though...


How far along: 33 weeks. 49 days until my due date. Wow.
How big is baby: The size of a durian fruit. What? 17.2 inches and 4.5 pounds! Although my little chunker is bigger than that since she measured 4 pounds 10 ounces on Monday. 
What I've done to prep for baby: This week, nada. I've been WAY too bust with Nationals. Now that it is over, I've got to start getting things done. Not too much time left and starting to feel the heat!
Best moment of the week: Having that surprise BPP ultrasound on Monday! Also making it through Nationals and being told about one million times how cute I look. It might have been hard to get to this point, and my body might not be tolerating it the best even now, but darn it, the fact that I am a cute pregnant lady takes some of the sting off of that. Although Black, of course, just chalked it up to me being a pregnant lasy who "knows how to dress" ;)
Food cravings: I did really well eating, even being away. I did discover that I MAY be able to eat a small bowl of cheerios at breakfast. That about made my week! I also figured out that there is stuff I can eat at both Applebees and Panera. Yay! And I would just about kill someone for carrot cake. I have been googling low-carb carrot cake recipes for the last two days. That may be a project for this weekend. 
Symptoms: Other than the horrible shooting pains in the left side of my back, I'm good. I did swell up like a balloon this weekend, but that is to be expected with all the walking and probably not being adequately hydrated. 
Movement: She was pretty quiet a couple days this week, but then it has picked back up and she's been as active as ever. 
What I’m looking forward to: Nursery work this weekend. And we have a baby prep class tonight. Oh, and I got the invite for shower number one yesterday. Squee!
Next appt: Monday. I either get a non-stress test or biophysical profile. Just to check on the bean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment