Friday, July 27, 2012

Labor and Delivery...trip 2.

Ugh. So the appointment yesterday was less then stellar. Same old...high blood pressure. So...I got sent over to labor and delivery to be monitored. Well, of course as soon as I get there, my blood pressure is down into a respectable range (130-ish over 80-ish) but they keep me for an hour and a half or so, and monitor baby E (who is sounding great and still kicking the heck out of the monitors) and take my blood pressure a couple more times (stayed down. Yay!).

The interesting thing...I was having pretty regular contractions and had NO IDEA. They did not feel anything like I had imagined. Luckily, now I know what they feel like, and with some extra water, we got them to slow down. Looks like I need to hydrate better, though. I want E to keep cooking for another month, preferably!

I've got to say though, the L& D nurses are a special breed. And I don't mean that sarcastically in the least. They are really really awesome people. So calming, and so supportive. Both times I have had to go in there, I have gotten the most awesome nurses.

But what I am MOST excited about...nursery progress from last night! Here are a ton of pics:

Baby T "helping" by chewing on a paint-covered paper towel. Lovely, huh?

Ryan painting the stripe. He were both holding our breath that the new kind of tape we got would work better than what we've used in the past. 


The finished product! I could not be happier with the way this turned out! I am SO, SO obsessed with it. I could just sit in that room all day and stare at the prettiness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment