Friday, March 7, 2014

5 weeks

Dear Baby Scarlett, 

You are 5 weeks old today, little princess! I feel like this week, you've changed a ton! You are a lot more interactive. You are wanting to spend those few precious waking hours looking around, checking everything out, and you are now smiling, which is the most amazing thing! It seems like you are smiling a little earlier than your sister did. Then again, you are such a content baby that it doesn't surprise me that you are giving out smiles left and right! 


So what happened this week? Well, Saturday I had to go to the gym, so you spent some time with Daddy. I missed you terribly! I love hanging out with you and Daddy, Ellie and Truff. It is my favorite thing to do.  Sunday was not so great. You had kind of a rough night (okay, we call being up twice a rough night!) and I was not feeling good. In fact, we didn't even go to church Sunday, I was feeling so icky. I wish I could have just stayed and snuggled you, but I had to hit the gym. You were good with Daddy, and joined us at the gym a for a little bit since Daddy has been missing the cheer kids. He's really getting the hang of dealing with both of you. He's such a good Dad!

Speaking of being so good with you, your sister is doing awesome with you too! She loves helping, and will usually come help me change your diaper every time. She gets so upset when you are upset too. And while sometimes you are not so sure what to think of the blonde monster, other times you give her awesome smiles, and enjoy her songs, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUGyIODewgE


Monday rolled around and I still wasn't feeling good, although you did sleep better and let me rest up more. So, Ellie went to Grandma's and we stayed home and snuggled and napped. I feel like I don't get as much time to do that with you since I am chasing after your sister so often, so I really appreciate the times I do. You are such a good snuggle bug and I love looking into your smooshy little face as you are sleeping.

I was feeling MUCH better after taking that day to rest, and so Tuesday we got out and walked around the mall. We looked at Easter dresses and had lunch. You slept through 90 percent of it as usual, not even waking up when you were Miss Super Soaker an peed through your diaper.

Wednesday both you and your sister were up early (boo!) but we managed t have a lot of fun doing some art projects. You enjoyed watching and snoozing as normal. Then, in the afternoon, we dropped your sister off at Grandma and Grandpa's and we went to my Doctor's appointment. You definitely still put on a show for the nurses, but got a little fussy by the end. I think you wanted to be picked up and cuddled, not strapped in your carseat.

Thursday we did an dollar store and Target run. I'm definitely feeling more confident getting out of the house with both of you guys. It takes WAAAAAY longer than it used to, but it can be done! 



Friday was ANOTHER doctor's appointment, but this time, for your sister, so you stayed with Grandma and Grandpa while I took your sister. She didn't like that at all, but before too long we were back to pick you up. You gave Grandma great snuggles the entire time! I think she loved that. Who wouldn't? You are such a sweet little smoosh!


I'm very glad that doctor's appointments are slowing down, though, so we don't have as much craziness with that, and we have more time to do FUN outings, not go to boring old appointments!

Overall, though, you are just the best baby! You are so easygoing, and cuddly, and I just love having you cuddled up on my chest all milk-drunk and happy. You've been giving Daddy smiles every night when he gives you your baby massage, and that just makes him GLOW. You've got him wrapped around your little finger already. I love every part of taking care of you, and I just really, really love being your mom. Happy 5 weeks, little Smoosh!

I love you!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment