Saturday, March 1, 2014

1 month/18 months

Well, as of today I officially have a 1 month old, and a 18 month old.

It's crazy. Really.

So first...Scarlett


Sigh. This girl. Amazing. So many times in the last week especially I've had to almost pinch myself. I still get giddy when I say "the girls."

Anyway, we survived a month with her! Ellie has not yet suffocated her, even though she tries often, both with her own face (she doesn't really understand that kisses don't involve putting her mouth of Scarlett's nose) and with blankets (she is obsessed with "helping" by bringing baby Scarlett ALL THE BLANKETS). She is a dream baby. She slept...GET THIS...9 hours last night. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE let that continue! She gets a little fussier in the evenings now, but the rest of the day, her eat/sleep rhythm is right on.

And Ellie.


We had to do something special, so we had a little "half birthday" celebration this morning at breakfast. Life's too short not to have sprinkles, right?

She is the most amazing kid. Sure, we are in the tantrum-r-us stage. BUT she can also be so sweet. Like this afternoon, we were reading a book (girl is OBSESSED with Fancy Nancy) and while she was sitting on my lap, she turned around, looked up at me, gave me a kiss and then turned back around. I. was. a. puddle.

She definitely needs her own snuggle time now that S is here. And she will sometimes get upset when I am nursing S and she wants to nurse too. But I've been pretty successful on keeping her to 2-3 times per day, except when she was sick this week (and thank God she was still nursing, so I didn't have to worry as much about calories or fluids. Phew!).

Her vocab is CRAZY. I couldn't count all her words if I tried. She's JUST starting to get colors. She knows the names of pretty much all her animals in her Little People Zoo. Oh, and she knows that kangaroos, frogs and bunnies hop, and she LOVES to demonstrate her hopping skills. So much so that Grandma and Grandpa got her a trampoline for hopping practice.

Having 2 littles is NUTS. Don't get me wrong. But for the most part, it is a good kind of chaos. There are days that I panic because all I did was nurse the kids and change the kids' diapers. ALL DAY.  But that is OK. I know there will come a time when I'm not as needed by them and that will be bittersweet. I'll have all the time in the world to do the dishes and fold laundry. But for right now, I am focusing on making these 2 girlies feel as loved and as cared for as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment