Thursday, March 13, 2014

Being a Mom of 2

So, it is probably about time I write about this being a Mom of 2 stuff...

First of all, my kiddos are AMAZING. I LOVE being their Mom. Both were absolutely meant for me.

In most ways being a Mom of two littles is easier than I anticipated. I'm sure much of that is because Scarlett is so relaxed. Sometimes I have Mommy guilt because I honestly forget about her. Ellie is so demanding of my time, that it is much the same, difficulty-wise, as when I just had Ellie, with a few extra tasks thrown in.

What is harder? Well, two things.

1. My bonding with Scarlett. Ellie is all-encompassing. And I love that about her. But that gets in the way, sometimes, of those bonding moments with Scarlett. I feel like the process is a lot slower, and I have to be more intentional about setting aside Mommy-Scarlett only time than I did when I had all day to cuddle Ellie. This part got bad earlier this week. When I try to do too much and don't get the necessary Scarlett snuggles, I go to a bad, bad place mentally. You would think I would have learned from almost this EXACT same time with Ellie. But no... http://thejourneytobabye.blogspot.com/2012/10/7-weeks.html

2. Balancing everything. I feel like every day is marked by me being good at one part, and only one part of my life. Like, I can be a good Scarlett mom. Or Ellie mom. Or Housewife. But not all at once. I wish I could say that I am getting better or that I at least have some plan to move in the right direction. I don't. Balance is HARD. I wish I could be rocking Scarlett, playing tag with Ellie, and folding laundry simultaneously. But I can't. I suppose some of it is adjusting my expectations. And I am sure that some of it stems from the fact that I feel the need to 'make up' in both the Ellie and house categories, as most of the 3rd trimester I feel like I did a less-than-stellar job. But still. It is tough.

In reality, going from 1 to 2 kids wasn't nearly as hard as going from 0 to 1. But I am still far, FAR from having this down to a science.

Then again, I think that's why God made coffee...and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment