Friday, March 28, 2014

8 weeks

Dear Smooshy,


You are 8 weeks old today! So close to two months, and you get more and more fun with each passing day. I love how you interact, and that grin of yours just makes my day!

So what were we up to this week? Well Saturday you had your very first trip to West End Bakery! Yum! I think you will enjoy it more when you can actually enjoy the treats. But Daddy, Ellie and I all enjoyed a donut, and we picked up a birthday cake for me. Then, after nap time, we went looking for some outdoor toys for you and your sister. Your sister for sure needs some things to play on, and I want to spend lots of time outside with you guys this summer, so I am hoping that we can find some good stuff for you girls!

Sunday was your dedication at church! There were a lot less babies this time than when we had the dedication for Ellie, which was nice.


And afterward we went to brunch with Grandma and Grandpa Zaher. Ellie chowed down on blueberry pancakes while you gave sweet cuddles to everyone, my sweet little smoosh!


After that, I had to go to the gym, so you stayed with Daddy and Ellie. It was kind of a rough day, since Ellie did not want to nap. But, you guys did do some playing together. Nothing warms by heart more than seeing you two interacting. Your sister ADORES you. We are constantly hearing "Oh, bayBEE" from her. It is SO sweet. I hope you two continue to play together as nicely as you do now!


And your Daddy? Wrapped around your little finger! Of course. But I do have the sweetest story from Sunday. Daddy had been with you two all day. Your sister didn't nap well, and when I came home it was pretty clear that Daddy had his hands full for the night. So I took you, fed you, and got you snoozing in your swing. Then I went to take a shower. When I got out, you were zonked on Daddy's chest. So, I was concerned you had woken up fussy and Dad wasn't getting his much needed break. Nope! Daddy told me your blanket had fallen off and when he went over to put it back on you, you looked so adorable and cuddly that he just had to snuggle you. As he put it "I had a chest in need of a Smooshy." Awe! Talk about melting!

Monday we hung around home for the most part. We did get out to take a nice walk, but other than that, it was just some much needed time with my two favorite girls, and my favorite fluffball.


Your sister, however, had figured out that when I have my hands full with you, she can misbehave. This started Monday, when she climbed on the hood of the power wheels car. Then, I was changing your diaper and Dad got home. As soon as he stepped in the door, I heard "Ellorie Mae!" Yup, she was standing on the coffee table. What??? That little monkey. And THEN, she climbed into your seat, while it was in the stroller. Phew. That little climber is going to give me a run for my money. Don't watch her, okay Scarlett? I don't know if I can take two little monkeys! 



You are certainly taking after your sister in one way. You are both crabby little bunnies. I love this side-by-side of you two. What do you have against being dressed up like bunnies?



Tuesday brought more SNOW. Ick. We are all done with the snow. I want to to be warm so we can enjoy outside time. We had to run some errands, and then we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's house since Ellie woke up asking to "swim." That means I got a little extra time to cuddle with you while your sister played fishy. I love that!

Wednesday we needed to do a couple more errands. You were a doll on the eraands, as usual, and your sister good too! Yay! I love good errand days. It makes things so much better for all of us. 

Then we went to the gym. Your sister, the goof, played with Jack's tools. 


And you snuggled LOTS with Aunt Andrea. I didn't think I was going to be able to get you back. She is just magic with all you kiddos. Truff loves her, Ellie loves her, and apparently you love her. I officially need to win the lotto and have her come be our nanny.


Thursday, you had your first road trip! I had to go to Grand Rapids for a meeting and you tagged along. You were perfect in the car, you barely made a peep! Then at the meeting you were content to snooze on my chest most of the day. You were a great 'helper'


Ellie spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa and had a ball. They went to run around the mall. She even got to ride on the rides there. They did, however, spill the beans that they can be turned on with money and now I don't think she will be content just climbing on them. But, I understand...look how happy she was!



That brings us to today. I am exhausted from yesterday and we've got a boatload of packing to do for this weekend. But even when things get crazy like this, it is easy for me to remember that I am blessed with the two best little girls ever, so it is worth all the crazy. I love you so much, little squish, and I hope you know how much your little smiles make me smile. You are an amazing little girl, and I am excited that I get to have a front row seat in getting to see you grow and change.

I love you, Scarlett!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment